Front cap clearance button light on top

Jaxson02

Hello, I have a 2017 big horn model 3270Rs and something must have hit the top light on the right side of front cap and there is nothing there but a hole. I guess it fell inside but I can't locate it through the hole (under an inch in diameter). Does anyone know the wiring routing in that atea or have a remedy in mind?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
My experience with those front cap lights is that there is very little extra wire to work with.
You might have to access the light wires from inside the front closet.
If you have a front closet.

Peace
Dave

Roller4tan

Maybe use a stiff wire with a hook on the end and fish inside the hole for the wires/light. The light pushes though a black gommet, so it's probably history.

carl.swoyer

Hello, I have a 2017 big horn model 3270Rs and something must have hit the top light on the right side of front cap and there is nothing there but a hole. I guess it fell inside but I can't locate it through the hole (under an inch in diameter). Does anyone know the wiring routing in that atea or have a remedy in mind?
Do you have recessed shelfs in your closet ? If yes you can remove it and access the nose cap interior by removing the box that contains the shelfs.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

You may be able to find a replacement light at TSC (Tractor Supply). I have an airdam light set on my Ram and it uses the 1" lights. If I buy thru the company the replacements are $20/each, at TSC they are $5/each.
If you don't know the light is still there or not, wait unit dark turn on the light and see if you can see a glow in the hole, maybe just guessing.

rhodies1

It’s a good possibility that the lost light is tied into another clearance light. Usually all are wired from one source. Pull the closest one out of the cap and see if their ate 2 sets of wires. You may have lost the light assembly but can get the wiring for the lost one. Tractor Supply of Amazon will most likely have what you need for the light.

Jaxson02

Thanks to everyone that replied, I just joined this site 1 day ago and didn't expect the many responses I received. Funny thing everyone was right on target from what I ended up doing, I gave up finding the original light which I'm sure is laying down where I can't get it and just ran a rod down and took the back panel from closet and ran new wire from side clearance light and I ordered lights from eBay. Pack of 10 so if anyone needs one let me know. I did check Tractor Supply here in town and they did have them so I bought on and I'm back in business. Thanks again for your help and I hope I can return the favor someday. Dan

wdk450

Harbor Freight Tools has an inexpensive fiberglass multi-rod kit for fishing wires.
Is any part of the clearance light metal that would be attracted to a magnet? HFT also has strong magnets that you could attach to the wire fish rod.
Good luck!!!