Front Fiberglass Cap for NT Caliber Edition?

CliffP

Front cap or not? Looking at North Trail 32BUDS Caliber Edition and considering a front cap as an option. Are they stickly cosmetic or is there a benifit? Does anyone have information or stories? Thanks!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It sure looks sharp! I know there were some issues in the early, pre-caliber NorthTrails in 08 and 09, where a horizontal crease would form over time from flexing while being towed. The solution seemed to be to have the front piece of flat fiberglass removed and more support added, then the diamond-plate was added, to add strength.(This was Heartland's solution for those that had it happen under warranty). I would think the Caliber cap would not be subject to this, as it is a form-molded separate piece?!? Not sure.

E

OBX-GL

I bought the Caliber for the upgrades and the cosmetic's of the cap. I'm sure there is some advantage to the cap but question any big gain in aerodynamics or reduced leaking. However car companies will smooth out designs and claim huge drag gains in the wind tunnel with far less change than cap to no cap so... maybe. Ultimatly i would think the movement slowly is to caps, so from a resale perspective and the added features/upgrades of the Caliber, why not?

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
When we took a tour of the North Trail plant in June, the Caliber additions with the front caps really looked sharp. They definately stood out from the rest. I do not know of any benefits of the cap, but it surely looks good. That's justy my opinion.