Full Body paint cost

Miller0758

Looking into new coaches and living in the south is really hard on the exterior. We are considering full body paint and was hoping someone would be able to share the upcharge cost .

danemayer

The January 2019 MSRP shows list price of $12,373. I'd suggest negotiating the price of the coach with everything else you want. Then after you get a satisfactory quote, ask how much they want for the full body paint. As the dealer will have already agreed on a price that gives him satisfactory profit, perhaps you can get the full body paint at close to his wholesale cost. Of course you'll have to guess about the wholesale since no one has that info other than Heartland and the dealer.

Here's a link to the Bighorn MSRP post.

MTPockets

I got a quote for full body paint job on our Big Horn from a large paint shop that did Motor coaches and trucks. The quote for similar to original design was $10,000, including full prep work. We passed, instead used Rejex every 6 - 8 months and still shining like new after five years full time in Florida and Western US.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Looking into new coaches and living in the south is really hard on the exterior. We are considering full body paint and was hoping someone would be able to share the upcharge cost .

So John, you looking for a trailer just for two now… LOL

david-steph2018

When we bought our unit in Oct 2017 we had the option of 2 different coaches, on the dealer lot. One had a full body paint and the second unit had numerous upgrades available on it. The MSRP for both units were the really close to the same. But we optioned for the unit with the upgrades over the full body paint.
Another thing is even with full body paint Heartland still had decals on the unit.

The cost of the various upgrades almost equaled the cost of the full body paint. Our dealer had both units on the lot. When we talked to him he did say they ordered one with the full body paint option, but no upgraded features. Reasoning was when people seen the cost with the full body paint AND the upgrades that was on our unit, they walked away because the price was so high.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator:

Miller0758

The January 2019 MSRP shows list price of $12,373. I'd suggest negotiating the price of the coach with everything else you want. Then after you get a satisfactory quote, ask how much they want for the full body paint. As the dealer will have already agreed on a price that gives him satisfactory profit, perhaps you can get the full body paint at close to his wholesale cost. Of course you'll have to guess about the wholesale since no one has that info other than Heartland and the dealer.

Here's a link to the Bighorn MSRP post.
Thank you Dan. Good advice. Now, if we only had a dealer other than CW around here within 5 hours

- - - Updated - - -

So John, you looking for a trailer just for two now… LOL
Pretty obvious huh? Still have 2 year of HS with Nicole. Can’t believe how time has flown. Can’t seem to find a dealer anywhere close. May need to go to SOB which I hate to do but the CC are looking good

chiefneon

When we bought our unit in Oct 2017 we had the option of 2 different coaches, on the dealer lot. One had a full body paint and the second unit had numerous upgrades available on it. The MSRP for both units were the really close to the same. But we optioned for the unit with the upgrades over the full body paint.
Another thing is even with full body paint Heartland still had decals on the unit.

The cost of the various upgrades almost equaled the cost of the full body paint. Our dealer had both units on the lot. When we talked to him he did say they ordered one with the full body paint option, but no upgraded features. Reasoning was when people seen the cost with the full body paint AND the upgrades that was on our unit, they walked away because the price was so high.

- - - Updated - - -

Howdy!

This is very true. We ordered our Cyclone 4000 with full body paint and advised them when we ordered it was because we did not want to deal with decal pealing like on our previous 5er. Heartland sends there units out to be painted and then placed “Cyclone” decals over the full body paint. We wanted them to remove the decals and was advised it would remove the paint. Just another reason I will never buy another Heartland product.

” Happy Trails “
Chiefneon

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Pretty obvious huh? Still have 2 year of HS with Nicole. Can’t believe how time has flown. Can’t seem to find a dealer anywhere close. May need to go to SOB which I hate to do but the CC are looking good

Same boat here. Started researching months back. A lot of unused space when no one is with us. That bunk room is almost a third of the entire coach.

danemayer

On our 2011 with full body paint, the "decals" are part of the paint job. I suppose that may have changed over the years. Anyone else with a more recent build have painted "decals" versus vinyl?

carl.swoyer

On our 2011 with full body paint, the "decals" are part of the paint job. I suppose that may have changed over the years. Anyone else with a more recent build have painted "decals" versus vinyl?
My 2012 is full body paint. All the advertising " Landmark & Heartland" are painted. No decals

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

SLO

Our 2016 full body Bighorn has painted decals as well as the Bighorn name is painted. If full body paint now has decals I wouldn’t get full body paint. Which means I wouldn’t get a Bighorn or anything with decals on paint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bobby A

What is the name of the company that Heartland uses to do full body paint ?? I may want to give my horn a face lift LOL
Thank you,