Full time and warranty...

aknavy

How amenable is the Landmark division to using mobile techs or shipping you parts under warranty coverage? Not a fan of leaving my rig at the dealer for weeks on end getting work done, as we full time in it and have no other home to go to while it's being worked on.

danemayer

Heartland is generally very flexible on warranty repair. With prior approval, you can use independent service shops, other brand shops, or mobile servicers. With mobile service, they usually have a travel charge which you'll have to pay, but that is often less than the cost of hauling the trailer to a repair shop. It's important to get prior approval.

They're also often flexible on sending parts for self-service, but of course it depends on the level of expertise required to install the part.

Appliances and some subsystem parts are warranted by their respective manufacturers. So Heartland may not be able to authorize everything.

richheck

Seasoned Member
Heartland has been excellent about shipping me the necessary items when needed if I’m wanting to do the repair myself, sometimes even overnight. I purchased my coach from a dealer in Ohio and had it shipped to my residence here in central California, and secured a local mobile repair shop and have had this shop do repair work as needed also after contacting Heartland for authorization of this work. I’m totally pleased with Heartland.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We full time and this was a concern of ours as well. Though we haven't had anything that "stopped" us from using our rig, we've worked with Heartland to have parts shipped to us for: 55" TV, water heater door, fireplace, dining light fixture, vent fan motor, and fenders.

We were out of the 1 year warranty for the AC and furnace. They connected me to Dometic for the AC, who authorized a service tech to do the work and reimbursed me for the install labor and part (not the trip charge.) they also helped connect with Suburban on the furnace, and Suburban replaced our furnace with no charge (they shipped it to the tech, who installed it) except the trip charge. We also were able to get a new fresh tank sent to us due to a warranty issue, and HL authorized 5 hours of service for the repair, I just had to find someone to do it. -- I ended up letting the Heartland Service Center in Elkhart do it, though, since we had the rig in there for other reasons.

It does take time in the back-and-forth with Heartland (via email), and then waiting on shipping, (some things can get damaged). But it's still waayyyy better than dropping your rig off and waiting for a dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldelevatorman

We've had a good relationship with Heartland sending parts and Okaying work to be done by mobile techs as well on our Newport!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave10a

Heartland shipped me the parts I needed under warrenty and I installed them myself. I think they would have paid an authorized moble tec as well, but they would not pay me for my labor :)

bwdt

Heartland shipped me the parts I needed under warrenty and I installed them myself. I think they would have paid an authorized moble tec as well, but they would not pay me for my labor :)

Actually, they will pay you for your labor. Just call yourself a company.

They're paying me.