Furnace wont light

Bldjrs123

2019 prowler lynx 30lx
This furnace has been a headache this week.
After all the other problems finally got it to work but now it won't light. It will try to light. I know its suppose to try to light 3 times before turning off but .I've had tried 6 plus times before I shut it off to try and maybe rest it. Thought regulator was freezing up but stove lights fine. Thought it was the bottle of propane changed it. Finally got it to light last night after it worked fine all day until 7pm or so. Went to bed all was fine. Now this morning it won't light again. Im way to stressed over this furnace high of 25 today with low of 21 tonight. Current temperature outside 15

danemayer

From your description, it sounds like something in the furnace is just barely working. If the blower runs for about 25 seconds, but there's no ignition attempt, you may have either an airflow obstruction (either a blocked vent, or return, or an obstruction outside in the air intake or exhaust). It also could be low voltage. Check on the tank level indicators where there's also a battery level indicator. You should get 4 lights when on shore power.

Bldjrs123

Battery is good.. furnace tries to light like normal is just doesn't and instead of the normal 3 tries before it shuts down it just keeps trying until I turn it off.. tried to turn it on few mins ago and on the 2nd try of it lighting it sounded kinda like it lit but after 15 mins of running it was still blowing cold air. So I turned it off and tried again and it tried to light a few times but never did so I turned it off

danemayer

I believe the control board has the logic that limits ignition attempts to 3 tries before locking up, requiring a thermostat recycle. If yours doesn't lock out at 3 attempts, that would suggest a problem with the control board.

wdk450

Erratic lighting makes me think the problem might be spark gap distance, or high voltage circuitry/wiring.
In all of these posts, nobody has stated the most essential piece of information: Is it a Suburban or Atwood brand furnace?

We have manuals for both in our online library under the "Tools" tab at the top of each forum page.

Bldjrs123

Erratic lighting makes me think the problem might be spark gap distance, or high voltage circuitry/wiring.
In all of these posts, nobody has stated the most essential piece of information: Is it a Suburban or Atwood brand furnace?

We have manuals for both in our online library under the "Tools" tab at the top of each forum page.
Its an atwood furnace.. its there any way for husband to check those when he comes home later from work

Bldjrs123

Been trying furnace off and on since 230 this morning. And she finally decided to light! I believe husband is still coming home later to try and figure out what may be wrong with it acting up.