Furrion FUR-DV5100 Speaker Wire Connector Module Problems

ergray3

My Furrion FUR-DV5100 has speaker wire connector module problems. The base unit will operate (as evidenced by the display) but no sound comes from the speakers. If the speaker wires are jiggled, then sound comes from the speakers for a while. Have e-mailed Furrion but no response. Has anyone had similar problems with the speaker wire connector module and if so, how was it resolved. Thanks, Robbie

My Furrion FUR-DV5100 has speaker wire connector module problems. The base unit will operate (as evidenced by the display) but no sound comes from the speakers. If the speaker wires are jiggled, then sound comes from the speakers for a while. Have e-mailed Furrion but no response. Has anyone had similar problems with the speaker wire connector module and if so, how was it resolved. Thanks, Robbie

Hello there. I won't be much help because I have the EXACT same problem right now. I contacted my dealer asking for a new wiring harness and they quickly contacted someone at Heartland who sent me out a whole new radio. I wired in the new harness and it worked for one camping trip and now I am back to the original problem. If I touch the plug to the terminals on the back of the radio, I get sound from the speakers. Plug it in and I get nothing at all. The wires are so loose in the plastic plug that there is no way they will ever keep a good connection. I now have two identical radios, one will not accept any DVDs or CDs and both have junk wiring harnesses. I called Furrion once but was forwarded to a voicemail and I hung up. I'm not sure that I want another Furrion since the first two did not impress me. I am going to try to get a hold of Heartland and find out if they have any alternatives. If anyone else has any recommendations or even know of a good DVD/CD/Radio that would be a good replacement, your input would be greatly appreciated. I will post back here when I get something figured out. Fifth wheel is a 2015 Prowler P299.

Hi Robbie. I posted a reply but for some reason I don't see it. I'm new to the forum so I may have done something wrong. I have the same exact problem. My dealer had someone send me a whole new radio and that too has a wiring harness problem after only one short camping trip. They are very flimsy and the wires are loose in both plastic plug ends. I called Furrion but was sent to a voicemail. I didn't leave a message because I changed my mind about trying a third Furrion radio. I am going to contact Hearland and see if they have an alternative. I will report back here when I get something resolved. Let me know if you get anywhere. Thanks

danemayer

Hi Robbie. I posted a reply but for some reason I don't see it. I'm new to the forum so I may have done something wrong. I have the same exact problem. My dealer had someone send me a whole new radio and that too has a wiring harness problem after only one short camping trip. They are very flimsy and the wires are loose in both plastic plug ends. I called Furrion but was sent to a voicemail. I didn't leave a message because I changed my mind about trying a third Furrion radio. I am going to contact Hearland and see if they have an alternative. I will report back here when I get something resolved. Let me know if you get anywhere. Thanks
Hi SextonP299,

To prevent spam, the first few posts made by new forum members require approval before becoming visible.

ergray3

SextonP299,

Found that Jensen has a unit that will work. It is Jensen DV2011 (12 VDC Disc Player/Receiver). Will probably go with this unit later. Also, talked to Heartland Service and the Rep said that several people had the same problem. He further stated that Furrion had an improved Connector that supposedly fixes the problem. He said to take pictures and send to him and he will replace the Connector. Have not received the Connector yet. Will let you know if I receive the Connector and if it works. Have doubts that Connector is any better, but will see.
Robbie

Thanks for the info Robbie. I received the updated connector already. It seemed a touch better quality wise but I still have the same problem, even with both furrion radios. I can touch plug to the prong and get sound from the speakers but as soon as you plug it in all the way, you lose all sound. Heartland told me they're looking into it so I will update after I hear something.

Tim

QUOTE=ergray3;424219]SextonP299,

Found that Jensen has a unit that will work. It is Jensen DV2011 (12 VDC Disc Player/Receiver). Will probably go with this unit later. Also, talked to Heartland Service and the Rep said that several people had the same problem. He further stated that Furrion had an improved Connector that supposedly fixes the problem. He said to take pictures and send to him and he will replace the Connector. Have not received the Connector yet. Will let you know if I receive the Connector and if it works. Have doubts that Connector is any better, but will see.
Robbie[/QUOTE]

Rosepick

I have a Genesis 3.0 player in my 2013 Big Horn Silverado which was on sent to replace the 2.0 When you turn it on and play it works great sound, then after an hour, sound no longer works. Then if you turn it off for half hour or so turn it on, sound is good again. Seems when the unit warms up no sound, cools off and sound works? Does Heartland or somebody warrant the player, it really isn't worth much only working half the time to get sound out of it and seems to be the player.

jimtoo

Hi Rosepick,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Call Genesis and talk to them about your unit. Genisis Technologies Support, Phone: 574-970-8349

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Update: Furrion sent me a few wiring harnesses that were just as poor quality as the first one. The third one they sent was higher quality and "tested" before being sent to me. I wired it in and was having problem still. As soon as I hooked up the last wire I would lose sound from all speakers. At that point I gave up since it was going to the dealer to have another issue fixed. They found that a staple in a wall had gone through a wire and it was shorting out. I just figured I would update in case anyone else is having a similar issue.

Tim

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We have the Furrion stereo in our 2015 Prowler P292 . . . have not used it to play any DVD's as we have a BluRay player to use for watching movies.

We haven't had any issues with the sound, but the radio reception is pretty bad.

I had tried to get into the cabinet to check the antenna as I thought it was probably the same as our previous Heartland Trail Runner (the balled up diapole wrapped up in a ball with a rubber band around it stuffed into the wall), but there was no way to get into that cabinet.

While on our last camp out (in the mountains near Gunnison, CO) I decided to take the stereo out of the cabinet . . . what a PITA that was!

I was pulling in all kinds of radio stations in the truck, but barely pulled in one station in the trailer.

But to my amazement, the antenna was connected to the roof antenna, yet still not getting good reception!

I tried with both the antenna amplifier on and off.

I also discovered on this trip that the cable TV receptical on the outside of the trailer doesn't work, so maybe this has something to do with this.

I may just go to Car Toys and get a good stereo to replace the Furrion.

ProwlerEntCenter-P1000301.jpg

danemayer

Update: Furrion sent me a few wiring harnesses that were just as poor quality as the first one. The third one they sent was higher quality and "tested" before being sent to me. I wired it in and was having problem still. As soon as I hooked up the last wire I would lose sound from all speakers. At that point I gave up since it was going to the dealer to have another issue fixed. They found that a staple in a wall had gone through a wire and it was shorting out. I just figured I would update in case anyone else is having a similar issue.

Tim

So it sounds like the problem was not quality of the cables, but a staple shorting a wire.