Furrion oven stone

carl.swoyer

If you are going with tiles, use unglazed tile. I've read that glazing can release toxins that you don't want in your food.
Stick with a stone made for cooking.
We've found pizza stones at Goodwill, cheap.

Peace
Dave
Thanks Dave,
I forgot to mention that.
Travertine, quarry tile are good choices

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I'm looking to buy a stone so the temp evens out and just don't know what size it needs to be! Thank you!

I'm buying a 2021 Sundance Ultra Lite 324BH-- pick it up next Thursday. In my current (SOB camper) propane oven I use a ceramic pizza stone. It rides on top of the burner plate and is sized to fill the oven front-to-back and leave the vent holes in the edges clear. So far (5 years on the current camper) it hasn't broken while living in the oven. I originally purchased it on Amazon. I'm hoping to reuse the same stone in the new Sundance! If it's not the right size, I will look on Amazon again.

David R

jbeletti

I'm buying a 2021 Sundance Ultra Lite 324BH-- pick it up next Thursday. In my current (SOB camper) propane oven I use a ceramic pizza stone. It rides on top of the burner plate and is sized to fill the oven front-to-back and leave the vent holes in the edges clear. So far (5 years on the current camper) it hasn't broken while living in the oven. I originally purchased it on Amazon. I'm hoping to reuse the same stone in the new Sundance! If it's not the right size, I will look on Amazon again.

David R
Your stone likely will fit the oven in your new Sundance. That said, if your oven is like the one in my Sundance, it may be very short (in height). My furnace is below my oven, hence the short oven. Actually, it's a range (stove/oven combo). So for me, the oven has a cooking height of maybe 3". Your stone would probably go below the cooking rack, on top of the metal heat diffuser. I can take a measurement if you'd like.

centerline

The stones are avaiable from other sources, but a regular clay stone works just as well and is stronger... if you know someone who does pottery, they are easy to make, just dont have it glazed, as it needs to be unsealed to work as they are supposed to......