Fuse question...

wrexxer

Good day folks,

I've been lurking around the forum for some time ND like most I only decided to post when I encountered an issue!! :embarrassed:

Anyhow, I've recently purchased a M22 trailer and went on our first family trip with no issue however after getting home I noticed that I had a fuse that was missing.

the fuse is labeled as "Ref" and is a 20 amp fuse. The only thing that makes sense is that this is the refrigerator...but the refrigerator worked the whole trip either on 120 or propane...so what is this fuse for?? 12v?

I would have thought that if I pulled that fuse the fridge would stop working...

any info would be great!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
If the fridge worked, I wouldn't worry about it. Alternatively, you could just put a 20 amp fuse in there and have some peace of mind.

danemayer

Many of the fuse boxes have an LED next to each fuse position. When there's a load on that circuit, if the fuse is blown or removed, the LED is illuminated. One way to find out what's on that circuit is to leave the fuse out and start turning things on all around the coach, inside and outside, front compartment, basement, pump, furnace, etc. If the LED lights up, you'll have found what it powers.

wrexxer

Great stuff...I did as suggested and removed the fuse and when I switch the refrigerator to 12v sure enough the LED went on!!! This explains why I never noticed as I never used the appliances in 12v.

Thanks for the help!!