Future Cyclone 3800 Owners

mickmey

Hello! I've already posted on here and received very helpful information (Thanks!). So, I thought I'd say "howdy."

I'm Heidi-Stay-at-home mom to 2-month old Adelaide. I was 12 years active duty Army until I decided to be a mom. Now, I'm still in the Army Reserves. I grew up camping with my folks in a 1974 Prowler. I have too many happy memories of camping as a child...mostly at Texas State Parks.

Tom-hubby to me, daddy to Adelaide, active-duty Army stationed at Ft. Hood. He's new to RV-ing. We have a 2001 Prowler 31G that I had before spending 6 years in Germany. He "inherited" that problem (it sat for 6 years and received water damage) when we married and moved back to the states. So far, his RV experience isn't the best, but he's excited. Especially since we just had to buy him a 2011 F350 DRW to tow our new toy! And we're finally in TX again. We just went to Brazos Bend State Park near my parents this weekend and he totally "got" why RV-ing is so much fun!

Adelaide-soon-to-be-spoiled daughter. I grew up camping in a '74 Prowler with a roof that continually leaked and a hot water heater that was a pain to light. We weren't allowed to shower in the shower (since it was used for storage). My daughter is going to grow up in a 2011 Cyclone 3800...totally spoiled.

Oma (my Mom) and PoPo (my Dad). My parents instilled a love of RV-ing in me, and their retirement dreams were to buy a 5er and hit the road. Unfortunately, by the time retirement came, Dad had a stroke, botched back surgery and other problems rendering him extremely limited in the mobility department. They just couldn't see doing the work of hitching/unhitching, etc. So, Oma decided to buy a 41' Dutch Star motorhome (crazy, I know). This proved to be a bad idea, as it was really hard for PoPo to drive. It quickly became evident that it would serve as a mobile guest quarters (either at their house or ours) unless Tom or I moved it. On Oct. 31st this past year, the Dometic fridge caught fire and it burned completely. My parents were okay, but their kitty wasn't. Thankfully, the insurance paid completely. They realized they shouldn't put the money back into another motorhome, so we started looking at a 5er that would suit all our needs that we could use as a family.

So, that brings us to the RV show in Houston, where we found the Cyclone 3800...and the search was over. We plan on using the garage to put a recliner for my dad and to haul his mobility chair.

Yay! Can't wait. Now we just have to buy one.

jimtoo

Hi Heidi, Tom and Adelaide,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will love the Cyclone. It has the room you need and should be a great unit for someone with disabilities.

Enjoy the forum and keep us up to date.

Jim M

truknutt

Committed Member
Welcome to the family! You're on the right track: Ford truck & then Cyclone!! BTW, thanks for your family's service.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Hi Heidi, Tom and Adelaide,
Another welcome to the HL family. We hope that you will be able to join us in Spring for the rally on April 15-17th found on THIS thread.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Heidi & Family, Thank your's and Tom's service to our Country. We appreciate our veterans here on the Heartland forum. We hope you become a Heartland owner soon. Travel safe.

jwalker1

mickmey,

I saw on another post that you were worried about weight with the 2011 F-350 Dually 6.7L Diesel. Well from what I understand (I have the same truck except a 4X2) you should be fine. The 2011 F350 Diesel is rated to tow 22600 Fifth Wheel with a GCWR of 30000 LBS.

mickmey

Thank you everyone! I'm excited to find this forum. Y'all seem like a fun group of folks.

Jay-thank you! We really would like to come out. I told Tom about it, and he's excited. My parents live in Rosenberg, out past Sugar Land, but my Aunt lives in Spring.

Joe and Diana---we're confident in the 2011's capacities! That's how we talked ourselves into a new truck ;) Our 1999 F350 DRW definitely would have an issue...maybe not physically...but by rating. I'm glad to hear you've had good luck with your set up.