G614 Radial Tires?

MRBailey

Will these tires fit on our Big Country 3691SK? Any information would help. Thank you! Any other brand of tires that you would recommend for the rig besides the dreaded TowMax? We would like to change our tires out before we go on a big road trip but not break the bank, thank you!

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Yes they will fit and I am sure your wheels will work, but to be positive you need to insure that they are stamped with a 110 PSI capability on the inside of the wheels. If you climb under your BC with a flashlight and look at the inside of the wheel (where it mounts to the brake drum) you will see a stamped in number that shows it's weight and PSI capabilities. As long as it will handle the 110 PSI the G614's will work.

Rod Ditrich

Jim.Allison

to get any better than the G614, you would need to increase your rim/wheel size to 17.5. Then you would have a whole world of trailer tires open to you. The 16 inch rim is what is holding you back. But if you are running TowMax, the G614 will be a big improvement.

Will these tires fit on our Big Country 3691SK? Any information would help. Thank you! Any other brand of tires that you would recommend for the rig besides the dreaded TowMax? We would like to change our tires out before we go on a big road trip but not break the bank, thank you!

dbbls59

An alternative to the G614 is the Sailun S637. It is the same steel construction as the Goodyear but just over half the cost.

JanAndBill

An alternative to the G614 is the Sailun S637. It is the same steel construction as the Goodyear but just over half the cost.

Don, not really familiar with the brand, other then they apparently are still a Chinese made tire, as compared to the US made G614. When we switched over from Towmax, I looked at them, but still paid the extra for the Goodyear. You can just about find a Goodyear dealer on every corner, while the availability of the Sailun is limited at best, something that concerned me in the event of a failure. The other thing that I couldn't get past was replacing a Chinese made problem with another Chinese made tire.

blong

When the G614's are Factory ordered they do put them on different rims, I am assuming wider, but not sure yet as I have only seen pictures of the rims but will know in few weeks when our comes in. That being said we have run them on our 16 by 6 cyclone 3950 factory rims (came with Blowmaxs) for a year now with no issues, just make sure they update your valve stems to all steel.

Jim.Allison

The rims I had were ready for G614, 3750 at 110, but came with the Towmax.
When the G614's are Factory ordered they do put them on different rims, I am assuming wider, but not sure yet as I have only seen pictures of the rims but will know in few weeks when our comes in. That being said we have run them on our 16 by 6 cyclone 3950 factory rims (came with Blowmaxs) for a year now with no issues, just make sure they update your valve stems to all steel.

Appleguy

well, since your in Les Schwab country you might do what I did and replace the e rated tow maxes with a g rated Geo star from schwabies. we are in Yosemite with over 1500 miles on them and they are great so far. $1200 out the door with metal stems and all are balanced. they are a lt trailer tire with very stiff sidewalls and they tow great.

I just had a local dealer order me a set of 614's for my BC3596 Friday. We've only made 3 trips in the "Glamper" ( Momma's, "the doll house") since we got her in May, but my heart can't take much more gambling with the Blowmax's currently on board.

Jim.Allison

you have good intuition, sell the towmax to your landscaper for his utility trailer.

I just had a local dealer order me a set of 614's for my BC3596 Friday. We've only made 3 trips in the "Glamper" ( Momma's, "the doll house") since we got her in May, but my heart can't take much more gambling with the Blowmax's currently on board.

MRBailey

well, since your in Les Schwab country you might do what I did and replace the e rated tow maxes with a g rated Geo star from schwabies. we are in Yosemite with over 1500 miles on them and they are great so far. $1200 out the door with metal stems and all are balanced. they are a lt trailer tire with very stiff sidewalls and they tow great.

Yes, we have decided to go with these, as we have been quoted 1800 and more for the Goodyear. I think we will feel safer just with the G-rated tire. We are going to have the tires siped. Does anyone have any experience with that? What are your thoughts on siping?

Matt and Robin

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We are going to have the tires siped. Does anyone have any experience with that? What are your thoughts on siping?

Matt and Robin

Siping is supposed to give better traction on ice, as I recall.

However, not sure if that would help much on a vehicle in tow.

Jim.Allison

A property of the G614 is that it has less tread to reduce internal friction. It is a "premium carcass" tire which means that it can be retreaded. It is specifically recommended for 5th wheel application by Goodyear. I do not understand why anyone would suggest to you that you need to sipe this tire for you rig. It is not a traction or steering tire. Spend your money elsewhere, you are trying to improve on perfection.:cool: Not being a traction ro steering tire, but rather a trailer tire, you 15k load will wear the tread prematurely. Will Goodyear warranty a "siped" G614?

jolar3329

Go to goodyearrvtires.com and get a $25/G614 rebate form. Belle Tire has the tires for $347 mounted and balanced. Belle tire website has a $20 rebate form.