Galley

Routemaster

Which side of the galley outside down pipe would I make a cut in the belly to get to the gate valve?
Den.

Routemaster

I believe the the galley pull center wire is loose. If any knows were to make a cut for the gate valve would help.
Den.

Attachments

• Galley down pipe.JPG
    Galley down pipe.JPG
    401.5 KB · Views: 35

Routemaster

I did change out the galley tank gate valve at last, it was totally clogged with what it looked like flour for baking. I did cut the down pipe so as to get better access, what is the foam that they put around the pipe? I tried Great Stuff ..no joy spraying up.

Attachments

• Kitchen tank.JPG
    Kitchen tank.JPG
    511.6 KB · Views: 25

SLO

I did change out the galley tank gate valve at last, it was totally clogged with what it looked like flour for baking. I did cut the down pipe so as to get better access, what is the foam that they put around the pipe? I tried Great Stuff ..no joy spraying up.

Not sure what you mean by flour for baking. But, if it was white and came apart in chunks, it was grease.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SLO

We always wipe, with paper towels, our dishes and pot/pans to remove the majority of grease and oils prior to washing. Not just bacon or hamburger grease but olive oil is one of the worst for coagulating and turning into that white caking glob. Grease is like a magnet to other grease and oils. It just keeps building up til the pipe is completely plugged

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
We purchased this at Camping World and use it about once every two months in the kitchen holding tank. When you dump the liquid is whitish. For a while the tank monitor works again. We always put one of these in the kitchen tank when we move as it really cleans the tank of grease. https://www.campingworld.com/travel-jon-waste-digester-49347.html?cgid=sewer-chemicals
I has not seen this product before. I like that it is formaldehyde free and environmentally safe. I'll have to get some and try it. Thanks for the tip