Garage Slideout for an Outside Stove/Barbecue

I added a garage slide out for an outside stove and barbecue. Had a local metal fabrication shop manufacture an aluminum shelf so I could mount the stove and grill. Bought a set of 60" drawer slides which hold up to 500 lbs. Bought the stove at Harbor Freight and the grill at Costco. Removed the regulator from the grill and stove. Plumbed the stove to the grill and mount a flexible gas hose from the stove to the trailer. Extended my gas line up to the garage and add a quick connect gas fixture. Built an enclosure in garage to house the slide out. Store my chairs on top of the enclosure. When I not using the stove/grill, I disconnect the gas line and slide the shelf back in the garage. To use it just slide the shelf out and connect the quick connect gas line. I also added a swing down leg for additional stability, but it really does need it.
20130928_094321.jpg20130928_094336.jpg20130928_094604.jpg20130928_094648.jpg

jimtoo

Whow,,, What a great mod... you should patient that idea. Gonna be lots of folks looking and asking questions. Thanks for posting pictures.

Jim M

alex00

I really like that slide. We do a lot of camping on the coast in the winter and see a lot of rain. I'd love to be able to slide my stove back inside the trailer to keep it dry. Thanks for posting.

TXTiger

I really like that slide. We do a lot of camping on the coast in the winter and see a lot of rain. I'd love to be able to slide my stove back inside the trailer to keep it dry. Thanks for posting.

Make sure it's cooled down before you slide it back in. Have seen on the news reports of people tailgating at a football game and cooking on a stove then sliding it under their car to return later after the game to a car the has caught on fire and burnt to a total loss.