Gateway 3650BH

Kahoney

The dealership we are working with placed our order today for our new 3650BH. We added the king bed, freestanding table and chairs and the big one (for me the guy) is the 6 point automatic leveling system. I am also having them install valves on the hydraulic lines so that I can control which slides go out. Salesman is telling me that it should be ready by the first part of April. I have my doubts for all the other orders I ask about seem to be 12 weeks out. We have never heard of the Gateway line before we went to the Minneapolis RV show. Show hope that heartland and our unit is of the highest quality.

danemayer

Hi Kahoney,

Congratulations on your Gateway order and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There've been a bunch of Gateway owners posting on the forum about how much they love their choice. If you have any questions about yours, I'm sure they'll be quick to fill in any blanks for you.

Thedonald

Congratulations Heartland makes a good RV. However the tires they use are very low quality. If you are getting TOWMAX tires, look out. I don't know anyone that has a unit weighing over 13500 that hasn't had tire trouble. With less than 3000 miles I just had to replace all four. Good luck.

Kahoney

Well we finally received our 3650bh and it was in the driveway about 13 hours before we took it out to shake it down. LOVE the way it tows and wife is very happy with the bathroom. Our 16 month old daughter was not happy with the bunkroom and refused to sleep but we are sure that will pass.

swiftk77

How exciting! We should be receiving ours at the end of the week, but going to wait until Memorial Day to really test it out. I am sure my kids will have a camp out or two in the front yard though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GWRam

Kahoney,
Glad to hear you are enjoying your 3650BH. We love ours. One thing you mentioned in your earlier post was separate slide valves. That would be great. Could you post or send me some photos of the valve location and set up. Also of the interior slide switch panel. Having control of each slide would be excellent. Thanks,
Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tyler_4

Hi I am buying the Gateway 3650 bh, currently it is shipping, but did you say that you got auto-leveling system. If so how did you get it? Was it from dealer? manufacturer?

danemayer

Hi I am buying the Gateway 3650 bh, currently it is shipping, but did you say that you got auto-leveling system. If so how did you get it? Was it from dealer? manufacturer?
Hi tyler_4,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. The 6 point auto-leveling system is a factory installed option.

tyler_4

Really because even on the website they don't show that option. Thanks for your help I will look into it.

danemayer

Sorry, I don't know if it's available on your model. On models where it's available, it's factory installed.

"I am also having them install valves on the hydraulic lines so that I can control which slides go out."

Is this a common addition? I specifically asked about this and was told it cannot be done. Can you send me the info or pics on how to do it? Thanks

paulw

"I am also having them install valves on the hydraulic lines so that I can control which slides go out."

Is this a common addition? I specifically asked about this and was told it cannot be done. Can you send me the info or pics on how to do it? Thanks

Bump... I'd also like to know thx.

justafordguy

Same here, sure would be nice to run one slide at a time, with 5 slides it's hard to watch all at the same time.;)

coram8

Ditto on the slides. We just got our Gateway 3750PT, and it would be great to open slides individually. Is this possible?

GWRam

Ditto on the slides. We just got our Gateway 3750PT, and it would be great to open slides individually. Is this possible?

I called Lippert to see what is involved in making individual slide movement possible. It is possible. If your handy you will save a ton of money in labor costs. Parts are available through the lippert store, not as a package (at least not that I could find or none that the loppert rep mentioned) you have to figure out the pieces required on your own.

If you currently have the one button and the slides all go out and same button they all come in like our Gateway 3650BH, your going to need lots of hydraulic lines. And valving to control the slides. Currently you have a line leaving the pump to one side of all slide hyd at the same time amd returning to the other side of the hyd system. All the slides tap into the same hyd line.

To make the fix you have to run 2 separate hyd. supply lines from your hydraulic source to each slide you want to control individually. This also requires separate valving and or switching. If I understood the lippert rep, the actuators at the slides do not need to be changed just the controlling of the hyd fluid to each individual slide. The first section of line from your current pump to the first actuator can still be used and the last section of line going to the last actuator in the loop can both still be used. Those two actuators will only need one line run to them. The rest of the actuators will need two lines run to each from the new valving.

That is probably a very poor explanation. Sorry. Simple answer is Yes it is possible.
Dave

coram8

Thanks for the research, Dave. I am happy to know it can be done. The mechanics of making it work sound doable, just pretty labor intensive. Once we get a couple of more trips under our belt, we will see if it is something we really want to tackle or just something we percieve as a problem right now. In the meanting, if anyone gives it a whirl, please post pics of the process!!

Another question for you Dave. How does the Ram 2500 pull your Gateway? We currently have a 2014 Chevy 2500 with Duramax/Allison and it does better than expected. (I am aware a 1 ton dually would be more favorable, but that isn't in the works for the near future.)

Again , thanks for the research!