Generator Storage Front Compartment

CDN

B and B
Hello,

Did Measurements tonight in -20 C windchill. The opening is just too small to make it work. Other storage in here now.

Thank you for your replies.

Brian

Last edited:

avvidclif

Just put an Onan in there like it was designed for. After a few times rolling your portable out and back. Going outside to start it, fill it up. worry about it getting stolen, etc you will wear you leg out kicking yourself in the arse.

sengli

One thing is that body panel on the front of these rigs, is not made all that sturdy. Its basically luan skin and a little aluminum framing. Its also only held on with a few screws, several of mine were stripped out too, on my new landmark. So that fascia supporting your genney's weight, via a ramp going in and out wouldnt be my first choice for any length of time.

CDN

B and B
Hello,

The base plate for the Onan is in there so my aluminum ramp will rest on this not the door frame and skin.

As far as buy a Onan I don't have 7k Canadian and already own the 4kw Powerhouse. As far as our use we have this for emergency use only and the storage lot when we service the trailer.

Thinking gas fumes thinking a simple vent in the compartment to allow any fumes to escape.

CDN

B and B
No,

Storage only. Just fumes from the sealed gas tank that might seep out, it is fuel injected and when stored in my garage at home or truck under truck tonneau I seldom smell any gas.

Generator will be removed from the storage comparment.

NP_Chief

Check the weight on your generator and compare it to the Onan model designed for your rig... as long as your Powerhouse is close to the same (or less), I think you should be good using the bay for storage. I do agree with the above statement on the ramps. When you buy/design them, make sure they rest in the bay and not on any part of the door closure. If they rest on the lip your door closes against, they will bend it.