Getting Ready!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We'll be heading back up to the BH tomorrow morning, spend a couple of days getting things squared away, maybe enjoy the lake while we're there, and then head down to Goshen on Tuesday. Should arrive sometime around 3:00 pm.

I'm not familiar with US-131 through the west side of Michigan, so we'll be sticking with the freeways taking I-75 to US-127, then I-69 down to I-80/90, and then over to Goshen.

hriker

John:

Have a great trip and a wonderful time. Wish we could go this year but we pick up our fiver next week from the dealer. (Thanks for the information on the valve stem caps.)

Harry

Lance & Jo

Morning John, wondering if you have heard anything specific about hwy 131? Am planning on leaving Lake Higgins area early Wed and using 131 south to Goshen. Traveled the bottom 30-40 miles of it on the way up a couple weeks ago and it was good 4 lane.

Lance

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Morning John, wondering if you have heard anything specific about hwy 131? Am planning on leaving Lake Higgins area early Wed and using 131 south to Goshen. Traveled the bottom 30-40 miles of it on the way up a couple weeks ago and it was good 4 lane.

Lance

Lance, no I haven't heard anything about US-131. I've just never traveled it and didn't want to risk running into a low bridge, small town traffic lights or something without advance warning. It may well be a fine route. Mileage wise, it's almost a wash for the routes I was looking at. At least on the freeways, if I need the wife to spell me for a bit, she'll do it (grudgingly) between rest areas. On a two-lane, no way.