Gillette Pre-Rally Dinner Out on Tuesday evening at the Chop House - who's in?

jbeletti

I received an email from Charles, the owner of the Chop House on some tips for tomorrow night for those who are going:

Here are some recommendations from our menu...................
Appetizers
1. Lobster Stuffed Mushrooms
2. Caprese Mozzarella Stack

Specialties of the House
1. Filet Modena
2. Chicken Picatta
3. Steak DeBurgo

Steaks
1. Ribeye
2. Prime Rib, any size

Seafood
1. Any Halibut dish including the special because all the halibut is fresh
2. Same with the salmon
3. Walleye

Pasta
1. Fettuccini Alfredo

Salads
1. Cobb Salad

Dessert
1. House Made Cheesecake

I am going to highlight in red the items in menu I would choose at the Chophouse Restaurant.

By the way, all wine by the bottle half price on Tuesday night! Remember, I won't see your group in beginning of meal, but my wife April will be your host as you walk in and can fill you in on all the wonderful dishes we create at the Chophouse restaurant. We look forward to serving you.

Thanks

TXTiger

Sounds like a good dinner. Where are we meeting and what time?? I am alone and can fit 4 passengers in my F-350.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
My understanding is we are meeting at the restaurant at 6 PM...carpool with your neighbors where feasible...

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Have to miss it. Due to unforeseen issues, we weren't settled in by "go- time". Y'all eat some prime rib for us!

Manzan

Really good food, service was a bit slow but considering the circumstances, terrific. Gave us time to talk to and get to know our table mates. Prices about what we would pay in a nice restaurant in Seattle.

jbeletti

As others stated, we really waited a while for our meals. Just over an hour for some, much shorter for others. We had 54 people there. We pretty much owned the place :)I had the blackened prime rib and as Kathy said, OMG - it was amazing. Had the fried strawberries for dessert, quite unique and very good.Dave Yocum had a bowl of French onion soup that looked out of this world He said it was the best he's ever had. I am trying to get back to this place on Thursday for lunch to have the soup.Thanks to all that were able to make it.