Give Me 40 Acres

porthole

Retired
Saw this video on another thread and it certainly relates here a bit.

Been thinking of a new RV, although all of the 5th wheels we like are 42'+

Hoped to have kept my truck with the addition of the BD turbo brake, that didn't work so planning on a new Super Duty in time for next season (January February order).
The new Super Duty's are about 4" longer! As if the DRW wasn't big enough they went and added to the length.

So, that said:

MCTalley

For the brief time we were towing the front bath unit (42'), this is about how I felt, especially at back-in sites. All the extra length of those units is ahead of the axles. It's amazing what difference just two less feet between the pin and the axles makes when backing into sites, let alone turning corners.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Everything is getting bigger!!! I've made up my mind I'm not towing anything over 40 ft. On top of needing a bigger truck I just don't want to.
If I have go over 40 ft for a suitable floor plan there will be a steering wheel up front and a diesel pushing from the rear!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

Hoped to have kept my truck with the addition of the BD turbo brake, that didn't work so planning on a new Super Duty in time for next season (January February order).
The new Super Duty's are about 4" longer! As if the DRW wasn't big enough they went and added to the length.

Where are they adding the 4" to on the new Super Duty. The new RAM DRW is about 8" longer than my 07. Most of that is in the crew cab. It's a lot bigger than my current quad cab. It looks like there is a little more length in the hood also.

Bones

Where are they adding the 4" to on the new Super Duty. The new RAM DRW is about 8" longer than my 07. Most of that is in the crew cab. It's a lot bigger than my current quad cab. It looks like there is a little more length in the hood also.
I think the 4" inches is coming from them using the new aluminum cab. The new cab is longer than the old cab

porthole

Retired

The new cab is the same cab used on the F-150, and that cab is 4" longer, mostly in the rear passenger compartment, which you can see the difference in the rear doors.
So the frame got stretched 4" (actually an all new frame).

The Super Duty cab and chassis was always 4" longer, so I guess that might get even longer now.

Lou_and_Bette

Don't "tinkle" on my leg and tell me it's raining...I've seen you back your current rig in a place that would have made me cry. I don't think you'll have one bit of trouble even if you add the Swivel Wheel to the rig. Did love the song though.