Glad this trip is over

alwaysbusy

FARMER, $2300 was for both the A/C and truck window? I was thinking you'd end up more. Should get the quote on the my mess up in the next couple days, I'm expecting high.

MurrayN, we hear ya on carrying extra fuel but c'mon, give us something. With all your travels, you gotta have a good story to add to the laugh factory here.

carl.swoyer

Looks like you're in the middle of nowhere!! Not really, but I'm sure you can see it from there.lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

MurrayN.

Besides the pail of fuel I always have a two foot long sandbag along to hold down the sewer hose when dumping the black tank. Don't ask why I started doing that. The day that I picked up my brand new rv #3 , a 30' 5-er, I turned to soon pulling out of the dealership shop and knocked the back corner trim off. Luckily there was no damage to the walls or end but it sure woke me up to the reality of a longer unit.

Domi

Well if Farmer45 does not feel better I do.

Last trip out we were backing into the driveway and got to close to the house. Rubbed off some decal and put a little (very little) crease in the side.
I of course was really upset even though my wonderful wife assured me that it was no big deal. She as usual was right.

Hopeful we will not have anything major. Thanks for putting things into perspective for me.

John

alwaysbusy

As typical, my pride was killing me until I came to work and a buddy of mine shared this one. His father-in-law purchased a brand new, BRAND NEW, coach with custom paint job. Was convoying and everyone stopped for fuel. He purchased fuel like all the others and was back on the road. He travels another 200 miles to his campground and backs into his site. He gets out of his TV, surveys his park job only to realize part of his fender skirt along with ALL the skirting to the back of his coach has been torn off and is gone. Part way up the fiberglass body, running parallel is a yellow paint transfer from the fender to the end. He never felt a thing. After beating himself up for the rest of the trip, he assumed it occurred at the fuel station and stopped there on his return trip back home. Before he got a word out, when he walked in the station door, the attendant asked him if he had returned to pick up the other half of his trailer he had left there. Now guys, I've done a lot, but that made all my anger with myself go away. Now that's some funny stuff right there. 200 miles only to find half your trailer missing and you have no idea what happened. lol

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I think everyone of us has at least one story to share. Low branches, fence gates that jump into the RV and poles that have legs. LOL

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I think everyone of us has at least one story to share. Low branches, fence gates that jump into the RV and poles that have legs. LOL

Yep!! every Heartland (we've had 3) has at least one!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Yep!! every Heartland (we've had 3) has at least one!!

Yup . . . already told my Trail Runner story . . .

Remember last summer when I ripped the pigtail off of the Prowler while backing the trailer into the yard?

Wait a minute . . . seems that both of these goofs involved backing a trailer into my side yard. :p

FARMER45

After over 35 years of rv travels, I have too many of these story's to tell. No matter how upset I got at my self at the time. Six months later around the campfire, telling the story of what happened some how it got FUNNY

FARMER45

That makes we feel lucky, but now the convection oven has quit. When it rains, I am always under the cloud

JohnD

Well, this morning while camping at Blue Mesa, Colorado, the furnace ran a couple of times in the early morning as the temps got down to around 40 degrees.

When we got up around 7 a.m. it was still chilly in the trailer, so I bumped the thermostat up a few degrees to take the chill off and suddenly the furnace would only run for about 30 seconds and then shut off.

I tried it a couple more times and it did the same same thing.

I then waited about an hour and tried to fire it up again . . . and again the same thing.

Not sure what this is all about . . .

danemayer

Well, this morning while camping at Blue Mesa, Colorado, the furnace ran a couple of times in the early morning as the temps got down to around 40 degrees.

When we got up around 7 a.m. it was still chilly in the trailer, so I bumped the thermostat up a few degrees to take the chill off and suddenly the furnace would only run for about 30 seconds and then shut off.

I tried it a couple more times and it did the same same thing.

I then waited about an hour and tried to fire it up again . . . and again the same thing.

Not sure what this is all about . . .
The blower runs for about 30 seconds while the ignition makes 3 tries. Then it locks out and you have to cycle the thermostat to try again. Might be due to low propane flow.

JohnD

The blower runs for about 30 seconds while the ignition makes 3 tries. Then it locks out and you have to cycle the thermostat to try again. Might be due to low propane flow.

It ran fine twice before it did that, plus the stove was running fine, however, I did have to switch over to the other tank on Sunday (yesterday)!

And we ran the hot water heater and stove after I switched over to the second tank yesterday.

Perhaps I should switch the tank positions to see if maybe the valve has a problem.

danemayer

It ran fine twice before it did that, plus the stove was running fine, however, I did have to switch over to the other tank on Sunday (yesterday)!

And we ran the hot water heater and stove after I switched over to the second tank yesterday.

Perhaps I should switch the tank positions to see if maybe the valve has a problem.
Make sure the tank is actually open. Close the valve on the tank, wait 15 seconds, reopen very slowly. If you swap, and it works after the swap, might be a regulator problem, or a pigtail problem.

JohnD

Make sure the tank is actually open. Close the valve on the tank, wait 15 seconds, reopen very slowly. If you swap, and it works after the swap, might be a regulator problem, or a pigtail problem.

I just ran it again and it shut off after 30 seconds.

I'll try the tank swap on Thursday (next day off) to see if that works.

carl.swoyer

If the tank is low but not empty it can freeze during cold weather usage.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JohnD

Just swapped the tanks . . . and the furnace still shuts off after 30 seconds.

Going to fill the other tank and put it back in the same spot and see if it works!

Stove, fridge and water heater all work now, however, the water heater didn't sound like is was burning like it usually does (sounded kinda weak).

Is it possible that the valve on the tank might be bad?