Going camping over thanksgiving

sengli

Just got our 2103 BH 3260RS a month ago. The weather has moderated here so we are going camping for the week! Just can't put the coach to bed quite yet. Love that yetti package! Even though I am not sure its really working. So far we are loving the new coach. Wow this rig is big.Potatoe creek 003.jpg

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Why put it to bed? The weather down south is great. Mid 70s today moving to low 70s weeks end As full-timers wee are doing our newly adoptive Thanksgiving schedule, a double header movie and dinner out, since we spend Christmas with the kids and need to fly out to do that. Thanksgiving is usually on our own. We love it. A very no stress Holiday!

DavidCraker

The wife and I will be heading to Ruidoso, NM for the long Thanksgiving weekend. Love the mountainous area scenery.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
If you go to Branson Mo at the ABC Campground, you may get a Thanksgiving Dinner. They have had one every year. Not sure if you need a reservation letting them know.. But it is suppose to be good.

BC

scottyb

The wife and I will be heading to Ruidoso, NM for the long Thanksgiving weekend. Love the mountainous area scenery.

I love Ruidoso. Any recomendations for RV parks. I've been there many times, but not as an RV'er.

I bet Thanksgiving would be a pretty quiet time at most parks.

rgwilliams69

We are going camping this weekend in deep Southern Illinois on the Ohio River for a little family time and fishing. Weather is supposed to be just perfect, mid 60s for the first few days and mid 50s after that. I think though when we return on Sunday it will finally be time to winterize for good and take our long break in December and January. Then back to Florida in February - woohoo!

dfk009

We are going camping this weekend in deep Southern Illinois on the Ohio River for a little family time and fishing. Weather is supposed to be just perfect, mid 60s for the first few days and mid 50s after that. I think though when we return on Sunday it will finally be time to winterize for good and take our long break in December and January. Then back to Florida in February - woohoo!

What a weekend to be camping in Southern Illinois. We finally winterized our RV yeasterday, after a super November at Gun Creek Campground, on Rend Lake. Southern Illinois is so lucky, to have so many places to camp and enjoy lakes and rivers. Can't wait till Rend Lake opens again in March 2013. While your fishing, I'll be deep frying turkeys for the family.

Kbvols

Rig looks great! Are you camping in Indiana? Some great locations in NE Indiana. Weather in Ft Wayne in 40' slight chance rain.

wdk450

I'm doing Thanksgiving camping the week AFTER Thanksgiving with my singles RVing group, the NorLow's. We are having an "unofficial" camp out at Sugar Barge RV Resort at Bethel Island, on the Sacramento River delta. Potluck Thanksgiving Dinner II will be on Tuesday evening. Weather forecast is for no rain, highs in the 60's. lows in the 40's.
I found a Snowbirds monthly rate at a mobile home/RV park in Hemet, Ca. of $260. I plan to stay there from mid December, over Christmas with my extended family, until Quartzsite time.

Last edited:

rgwilliams69

What a weekend to be camping in Southern Illinois. We finally winterized our RV yeasterday, after a super November at Gun Creek Campground, on Rend Lake. Southern Illinois is so lucky, to have so many places to camp and enjoy lakes and rivers. Can't wait till Rend Lake opens again in March 2013. While your fishing, I'll be deep frying turkeys for the family.

Don & Carol, if you are looking for a really great place to camp on the Ohio, you should try Rosiclare. That is the town I grew up in, and in the last couple of years they have put about 12 spots right on the river there with water and 30/50 amp electricity (all new this year). There is even a RV dump in town on the way out, although not right at the sites because they are on the river side of the levee. There is a boat ramp there and plenty of parking, and a restaurant, grocery store, Dollar General, and post office all within walking distance (about 2 blocks). Great place, we go there two or more times a year if we can swing it. I'll try to post a pic for you (this is the rig we had a couple of years ago, Keystone Sydney and 2010 F250 (gas):IMG_3581.jpg

Kbvols

I have not been to Rend Lake in close to 30 years. We spent many summers growing up camping and boating between Crab Orachard in the late 70's and then Rend Lake early 80's. great times and great area. I guess those early camping days have stuck with me.