Good grief, is this a good idea?

danemayer

The RVIA 2007 Book on Pre-Delivery Inspection has 115 pages of excruciating detail on what the dealer tech is supposed to do, including this introduction:

Pre‐delivery constitutes a vital facet of the retail sale of a recreational vehicle. A thoroughpre‐delivery inspection can assure owner satisfaction by precluding or minimizing
problems, thus enhancing the reputation of the dealer and manufacturer. Because of intransit
conditions, prolonged storage, and other unforeseen factors, it is impractical for any
manufacturer to completely condition a new vehicle before it is delivered to the dealer.

From the table of contents, here's the section on plumbing:
Chapter 5 Plumbing Systems . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .5-15-1 Distribution and Drainage Systems . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5-1
5-1.1 Inspecting the Fresh Water System . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5-1
5-2 Inspecting/Testing the Waste Water System . . . . . . . . . . . 5-2
5-2.1 Perform a Flood Test on the Entire System . . . . . . . . . . . . 5-2
5-2.2 Perform a Retarded Flow Test on All Fixtures . . . . . . . . . . 5-2
5-2.3 Black Water (Body Waste) Holding System Flood Test . . . . . 5-3
5-2.4 Gray Water (Liquid Waste) Holding System Flood Test . . . . 5-3
5-2.5 Pressurized System Air Pressure Test (for PVC and/
or CPVC piping ONLY) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5-3
5-2.6 Pressurized System Air or Water Pressure Test. . . . . . . . . . 5-4
5-2.7 Demand System Test . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5-5
5-3 Sanitizing The Fresh Water System . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5-5

This is all supposed to happen at the dealer.

driver311

well rvs for less offers home delivery, and i have spent as long as a day making sure the costumer is happy. ive been in all 48 states doing deliveries

danemayer

well rvs for less offers home delivery, and i have spent as long as a day making sure the costumer is happy. ive been in all 48 states doing deliveries

Maybe the issue is more about the quality of customer service from the store, than the concept of home delivery.

RVs for Less in Tennessee has a great reputation, so it only makes sense that home delivery from RVs for Less would also provide great customer service.

Camping World has around 120 store locations. Based on postings to this forum, I don't know that any of those stores has a reputation like RVs for Less.

I'd think that the home delivery experience isn't likely to be better than what you would get at the storefront. So if you want home delivery, RVs for Less would probably be a better choice than Camping World.

kowAlski631

Totally agree, Dan. A company (CW) who is cavalier about doing routine repairs and who routinely "swear" that parts were ordered when they weren't, work done slipshod (if at all), and whose management doesn't appear to listen - what type of trust have they established? Just saying........

katmcd2

The comment of "knowledgeable driver" will deliver it raises a big question? Since I have found it very hard to find anyone who works for Camping World being KNOWLEDGEABLE about anything?
So true!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk