Good Sam is a Winner!

jimtoo

Today on top of Strawberry Pass in northern Utah the tread came off the right rear outside tire. Being a GMC and a dually it tore the side panel, mud flap and everything up bad. Probably $4k damage. Tire did not go flat and was less than 1/4 mile to a safe place to stop. Called Good Sam at 11;25am and at 12;25 a young man showed up out of Heber City, Ut, 27 miles away. Changed tire and I'm on the road in less than 1.3 hours.

SO I SAY,,,, GREAT JOB GOOD SAM!

Jim M

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Re: Good Sam is a Winne!

Sorry to hear this Jim !! But I am glad you and Bette are okay!!

pegmikef

Sorry to hear about the damage, but I will second your comment about Good Sam as I got basically the same treatment at the Thackerville Rally in May by the Good Sam provider. In my case he even repaired the flat and swapped the rims on the spare and repaired tire. A little over an hour from calling Good Sam to completion.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

Glad you and Bette are okay. The truck can be repaired.

jnbhobe

Sorry to hear that Jim but everyone is ok. I lost the tread on a GY-614 last yearbut was lucky as there was not much damage I couldn't fix myself. Good Year did pay me for the damage thou. Hope the rest of your trip is a good one. Say hi to Bette for us.

elwaller39

Evans & Lana

I know there are damages, but glad you are ok. The rest can be repaired. One never knows on his travels what you might get into. I hope you can get everything repaired soon.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Glad to hear you and Bette are OK. One of the things I dread most about RVing is not being able to get "off" the highway if a situation arises.