Good Sam vs AAA

Chippendale

My Good Sam Roadside Assist is renewing in a couple of months and I have been thinking about dropping it and changing to a AAA Premier RV Policy. Has anyone had any experience with the AAA policy, good or bad?

donr827

Look at the towing limits on both. If you travel quite a bit then definitely GS. The details of each is what you need to read. I worked for AAA for 10 yrs but still bought the Good Sam roadside service while I was working for them.

mlpeloquin

If you need towing, GoodSam or Coach Net. AAA has a short millage towing limit. Another thing about towing services, if you want them to fix something, then you will not be allowed to be towed. One service per incident. So get it towed to a service place to make sure. Otherwise as some have done, get GoodSam and Coach Net. One can't fix the problem, the other can be called for a tow. I use Coach Net and used to have GoodSam.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I've been very satisfied with my Coach Net policy. Fortunately, I haven't had to use it too often, but when I needed it, they were super.

jolar3329

I've had good luck with AAA RV+. When I blew a water pump they paid for towing my truck and Big Horn to the nearest dealer.

BarbandFrank

Another satisfied Coachnet customer here. We needed assistance on a Sunday in a remote area - and got the service we needed and were back on the road quickly. They also offer discounts on tires a couple of times a year and we saved a considerable amount when we replaced our Goodyear G114’s last summer.

NYSUPstater

We've had GS since '03 or so and have been very happy with them. What's nice is that GS will cover family members up to "X" age w/o any add'l cost whereas AAA charges extra. Have used GS towing services many times and knock on wood didn't have to worry about the 5er when we did. I just read on TL forum that AAA is doing something (discontinuing?) coverage for 5ers, so may be prudent to ask a lot of questions.