got my horn home

Bobby A

Got our new baby(3580 B/H) home !!!! Since this our home, we have been in it the last two nights, have found a couple small defects nothing major, we just love it, hope to have many uneventful years enjoying the full time life style. I'll keep you all posted and if I have questions I know where to ask them. My son came over today he is a electronic guru, he got the Samsung entertainment center hooked up so I can have my surround sound on while watching tv not just when a DVD is in. It sounds GREAT, we are watching the country music awards as we speek and I have the sound blasting !! it sounds really good. I will get a chance to see how good the insulation, furnace and dual pane windows perform tonight, we are in a winter snow advisory, expecting 3 to 6 inches of snow starting tonight thry tomorrow. I guess we have to break it in some how.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Got our new baby(3580 B/H) home !!!! Since this our home, we have been in it the last two nights, have found a couple small defects nothing major, we just love it, hope to have many uneventful years enjoying the full time life style. I'll keep you all posted and if I have questions I know where to ask them. My son came over today he is a electronic guru, he got the Samsung entertainment center hooked up so I can have my surround sound on while watching tv not just when a DVD is in. It sounds GREAT, we are watching the country music awards as we speek and I have the sound blasting !! it sounds really good. I will get a chance to see how good the insulation, furnace and dual pane windows perform tonight, we are in a winter snow advisory, expecting 3 to 6 inches of snow starting tonight thry tomorrow. I guess we have to break it in some how.

Congratulations!! I'm waiting for the big white dump, too (but I'll be in a house, not an RV). We'll be doing our maiden "trip" on the 13th, just up to Frankenmuth for a couple of nights. Hope the weather decides to look at the calendar and see it's supposed to be Spring.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
BobbyA, good to hear all is well. Stay warm. We're heading North in the morning so get that storm heading east by mid week OK?

Hogladyrider

Please Share More!

Congratulations on getting your new 5r home and settled.

Please share with us how the PDI experience was, did you feel rushed?

What dealer did you purchase your BH thru?

We are driving from FL to MI to pu our new 2009 3600RL BH shortly, our first 5r but we could not resist the great deal. DH will take time off work to drive up, spend a night at the dealer and head home.

This is a HUGE step for us so we are anxious to hear how the process went for someone else who recently when thru the same experience.

Thanks
Susan

SmokeyBare

Susan,

On the good side, your going to haul home your BigHorn and will know how it handles...

On the down side... you've not left any time to get things sorted out after spending the night at the dealers lot. I sure hope you take lots of time going through the PDI... checking each and every item well... I have read others suggest using a video camera to record the whole Inspection... great way to refresh your self on all appliances in the RV.

I hope you can allow time should there be any tiny issues that pop up... no better time to get things worked out... the dealer should be ready... willing... and at your service... to make your purchase the best experience you ever had !!!

Have a great trip with your new BigHorn... and many more years to come...

fpratt

Bobby A, Congrats on your new BH and becoming fulltimers. We too are waiting the arrival of our 3600RL and toying with becoming fulltimers. We just may need a little push out the door to do so.

Floyd ;)

cjhicks

Congratulations on your new BigHorn !!!! What did your son have to do to get the TV sound to come thru the Surround Sound ? We have a 09 3410 RE and can not get ours to work that way, we also have the Dual Pane windows and on our firts trip we had temps in the teens for three nights and six inches of snow We were able to keep the inside of the Coach nice and warm the only bad thing was that we used a lot of propane. Enjoy, Calvin & Judy

CrazyScotsman

Bobby, all that worrying for nothing, glad you got your 3580, it's a great floor plan. I have lived in mine now a little over a month, and the only problem I had was getting the ice maker to make ice. No biggie for me ( I don't use ice in my drinks ), but when DW flies down to visit me, she has to have ice.
We are glad that we got this model, it suit's our needs to to T.
You may want to change out the thermostat, temp, drops way to much with the manual thermostat before furnace kicks on. Apart from that, it's a great coach.
Good luck with it . Cheers Ken