grab bar in shower

twohappycampers

I remember reading in one of the posts about someone wanting to install a grab bar in the shower and was told you couldn't do it - something about it being fiberglass, no studs, whatever. I don't know if it was ever suggested, but I have a couple in our shower and have had them for a couple of years - they're held on with giant suction-cup things. Not for use for a lot of weight to be applied, but if someone is just looking for something to steady themselves, I found this a good solution. I find them really quite strong, and I'm no lightweight :). It's certainly better than nothing.

Zonian

Our dealer installed a small one for us. It is "tight" so he must have found a stud of some sort on the curdside wall. It works great, along with and additional suction cup one!

twohappycampers

Thanks! This is a good reminder for me to check things out for myself, rather than just assuming that what someone else has written necessarily fits our situation, or that I understand it correctly, as in "there are no studs, it's fiberglass ...".