Gravity 3570 first trip out. And need some help!

GravityTH

Hi heartland!

Just recently purchased our 2022 heartland gravity 3570 and looking for help on a couple of plumbing questions. Been reading and searching the forum and still looking for answers

1. Fresh water drain. I’m hooked Ip to city connection and my fresh tank is full (2/3) it was empty just prior to getting to my site. I have read that it could be a check valve but didn’t see how to check or even where the check valve is.

2. Where to drain fresh water tank? I see the red and blue hose hanging underneath. But I don’t see a white hose with a white valve to release. Is the blue and red hose the low point? My previous keystone had the white valve.

Thank you for any help. First trip out and trying to dial everything in.

Brand new unit but didn’t get a manual with it…

sengli

The red and blue, sound like low point drains to me. The fresh water tank drains in all the heartland fivers we have had were a single blue pex with a valve on it. Usually underneath near the axles.

Attachments

• IMG_0659.JPG
    IMG_0659.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 6

Dahillbilly

some have posted, with the city supply shut off & the pump off , open any faucet to relieve the pressure in the system, then rotate the Anderson valve to different position & back to city that might work! Otherwise the check valve is stuck open, normally located on or next to the pump.

GravityTH

Thanks for the replies. For the drain valve I don’t have a single blue line. I have a read and blue. I tried it and it drained. But only with the water pump on. When the pump is off it stops draining. I do have a white pex hanging down but it’s not connected to anything. I see both ends of it.

I turned off the city water and placed it in “dry cam then proceeded to drain with pump on. Got it to 1/3 full instead of 2/3. Went back to city water and turned the water on. I think the first time out check valve got confused or something. Doesn’t look like it’s filling anymore.

Dahillbilly

you will have a line(maybe two ) without valves on them; these are overflow lines(vent) for the fresh water tank. Mine are on the off door side (road) just in front of the main slideout. I installed valves on those so it wouldn't siphon the water out of the tanks when traveling with full tank; just have to remember to open them when setting up camp.

GravityTH

you will have a line(maybe two ) without valves on them; these are overflow lines(vent) for the fresh water tank. Mine are on the off door side (road) just in front of the main slideout. I installed valves on those so it wouldn't siphon the water out of the tanks when traveling with full tank; just have to remember to open them when setting up camp.
That’s a great idea. So the blue and red lines are where my fresh tank drain is? Any ida Why does my pump need to be on?

Dahillbilly

That’s a great idea. So the blue and red lines are where my fresh tank drain is? Any ida Why does my pump need to be on?
those are the low point drains for the pex plumbing lines NOT the tanks. Pump builds the pressure to puch the water out of those two; Blue =cold water lines & RED is hot water lines used for winterizing the system
The tank vent hoses are a clear braided material

GravityTH

those are the low point drains for the pex plumbing lines NOT the tanks. Pump builds the pressure to puch the water out of those two; Blue =cold water lines & RED is hot water lines used for winterizing the system
The tank vent hoses are a clear braided material
Got it thanks! I found the blue single line. Exactly where you said it was. Road side underneath the main slide. Except at the time my main slide was open. Still needed the pump on to drain. But it’s ok. It drained.
Thanks for the help everyone!