Gravity toyhauler upper bunk

GravityTH

Question in regards to the upper bunk in the toyhauler. I have seen them up while the couch comes down by itself. In my research, I have seen people use pins to hold the top bunk in. I do not have any pins (bought brand new 2022). Does heartland use a different system than pins?

david-steph2018

Question in regards to the upper bunk in the toyhauler. I have seen them up while the couch comes down by itself. In my research, I have seen people use pins to hold the top bunk in. I do not have any pins (bought brand new 2022). Does heartland use a different system than pins?
So, when you lower the couch, does the upper bunk also come down?
Our Road Warrior has 4 pins. These are straight keeper pins you can get at Lowe's, Home Depot or TSC stores.

GravityTH

So, when you lower the couch, does the upper bunk also come down?
Our Road Warrior has 4 pins. These are straight keeper pins you can get at Lowe's, Home Depot or TSC stores.

Awesome. Thanks. Yes when I lower the couch the bed also comes down.

GravityTH

Hello - Bringing this thread back up. I ordered the pins almost 2 weeks ago to find out they are out of stock. Taking the TH out soon and wondering if anyone has an amazon link or Home depot that sells the same things. Thanks.

Also, just wanted to confirm that all I do is slide this in the hole to keep the top bunk up? Theres no lock or anything?

david-steph2018

Have you looked at Tractor Supply stores (TSC)?
On our Road Warrior, make sure the bed is up all the way, insert the pin, then I lower the lower bunk to take the weight of the top bunk off of the lower bunk.
The weight of the upper bunk holds the pins in place.

Dahillbilly

Hello - Bringing this thread back up. I ordered the pins almost 2 weeks ago to find out they are out of stock. Taking the TH out soon and wondering if anyone has an amazon link or Home depot that sells the same things. Thanks.

Also, just wanted to confirm that all I do is slide this in the hole to keep the top bunk up? Theres no lock or anything.
you need some pins like these which are on Amazon. Tractor Supply & most hardware stores will have them

4 Pack Quick Release Pin, Diameter 1/4"(6.3mm), Total Length 3.75"(95mm), Usable Length 3"(76mm), Full 316 Stainless Steel, Bimini Top Pin, Marine Hardware​

GravityTH

you need some pins like these which are on Amazon. Tractor Supply & most hardware stores will have them

4 Pack Quick Release Pin, Diameter 1/4"(6.3mm), Total Length 3.75"(95mm), Usable Length 3"(76mm), Full 316 Stainless Steel, Bimini Top Pin, Marine Hardware​

Thanks!!! found on amazon!