Grease Seals

Gary521

I have Lippert 6000 lb axles. Usually, I grease the wheel bearings using the quick grease system ( can't remember the name ). This years I plan to do the take apart and grease deal. The question that I have is about the grease seals. I think I have seen a post on this forum but I am not sure about this. Anyhow, it has been suggested to use NAPA grease seals. I want to but do not know how to cross reference whatever the Lippert part number is to a NAPA part number. Can anyone out there help me with this. Thank You in Advance.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you take your old Lippert supplied seal to NAPA they will cross reference it for you.

Peace
Dave

Gary521

I found the post on the grease seals and a Chicago Rawhide part number was provided but did not refer to any axle size. Can anyone confirm if the 6000 lb axle and the 7000 lb axle have the same grease seal or is it different?

Gary521

That's a good idea Dave. However, I will do this as a last resort. I was working on a special auto project last year and needed a part from NAPA, because I knew that they carried what I was looking for. After a lengthly discussion with the counter guy, I wound up having to go home to do some more research and then returning to provide the counter guy with the correct part number. He had no clue. I do some very limited auto racing and know that the Chicago Rawhide seals are some of the best out there.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The C/R part number is 22558 You might consider ordering on line somewhere and having them ready when you need them. Better price and no worries about having them in stock.