Grrrrrrr.......D&%$ circuit brakers

NYSUPstater

Couple years ago had same problem with the CB's. Jacks would work to a point, stop, wait, hit switch again. May have to repeat a time or 2. Same thing w/ slides (except the BR/hallway slide). I replaced all the breakers w/ same ones thru the advice from some one on here. Things worked great for a year or 2 and now they are doing the same thing. Do I go w/same exact breakers or opt for more robust ones??

sengli

Ditto on the 80 amp breaker and separate power run from the battery, straight to the hydraulic pump. Did that last year after chasing those little breakers and flaky connections for a summer.
Got the breaker on ebay, cheap...and some 6gauge premade wires runs and simply bolted it together in a few.

Attachments

• IMG_1330.JPG
    IMG_1330.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Yeah what he said. I did that same a few years ago. Ran two larger cables directly from the battery through an 80 amp marine breaker/shutoff direct to the hydraulic pump motor. Problem solved
I have pictures somewhere in library I’ll have to find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

What length wires (2ga I presume) do you run from battery to CB and from CB to hyd pump? Then leave main buss bar intact less the hyd pump?

LBR

Had the same problem with our new CY bought in 2016. The supposed 50A CB factory installed for hyd.pump was actually a 30A instead.

I installed a NAPA 50A CB and it has forever been fine.

danemayer

There are a number of other possible causes of your problem. But once the breaker starts tripping, it probably weakens and trips more easily.

Moving to 80 amp might be your solution. But it also might mask a different underlying problem. I'd suggest you review our Hydraulic Slide Starts and Stops user guide and check out some of the other possibilities.

TedS

The hydraulic pump motor will draw up to 60 to 70 amps. Size the wire for that level of amperage.

TedS

What length wires (2ga I presume) do you run from battery to CB and from CB to hyd pump? Then leave main buss bar intact less the hyd pump?

You can pick up the battery power from the main buss. The length of the extra wire depends on where you put the 80 amp breaker. I had to add only one wire, buss to breaker. I reused the original breaker to trombetta wire.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

I ran the shortest I could but yet still have a neat and workable array. I came right off the battery terminals for the +& - That would be the determining factor for cable length(s) IMO. My breaker is half way between the battery and pump
b5e69526808f31b1f1c7706680be2ade.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I had my breaker changed out to an 80 amp the last time we were in Goshen. No problems since.