Hail damage

Hail damage has really messed up our 3250. DW wants to upgrade to Landmark. Unfortunately, I just bought a new 2014 F250 with 10'000# gvrw. Can my F250 diesel pull a key largo safely?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Hail damage has really messed up our 3250. DW wants to upgrade to Landmark. Unfortunately, I just bought a new 2014 F250 with 10'000# gvrw. Can my F250 diesel pull a key largo safely?

I work in Lone Tree, Colorado, and my brand new 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD got hail dinged in that hail storm last Monday.

I've counted 10 dings on the hood and fender . . . didn't see any on the roof.

The dings are not that bad, but as of the hail storm my truck only had about 2500 miles on it, so I will be getting it repaired.

I live in Thornton, which is where our trailer is parked, and so far I only found one hail ding on it from that storm.

TruckTopper-IMG_20141004_142131159.jpg Rifle2014-IMG_20140920_173417783.jpg

Just got the topper put on yesterday, so it wasn't here in town yet when the hail went through.

danemayer

Hi BillandLorna,

You need to look at the specs on your specific truck. Specs vary quite a bit based on configuration. You'll want to look at both 5th wheel towing capacity, and payload. In all likelihood you'll be close to the limit on towing and probably over the payload spec. You can check this out in more detail at Fifth Wheel Safe Towing.

dave10a

My SRW F350 with all the Ford suspension options is spec wise maxed out for my trailer. It pulls the trailer effortlessly and I hardly know it is back there. I would be hesitant to pull it with a F250 because Ford specs don't allow it. I have seen F250 pulling trailers with similar GVW as mine. I would think with the proper after market upgrades one can safely do it. The difference between the F350 and F250 seems to be the rear suspension components with F350 having heavier springs. However, diesel engine is an absolute must have. BTY after you get the truck up to spec it would the least of your worries. The trailer suspension is the weak link for either a F250 or F350.