Hankook Vantra Trailer Tires

Dildozer

Hello all, new to the forum, first post. I picked up my 2019 Torque T32 a few months ago and she's a heavy girl all loaded up. The guy said it had new tires on it, I learned they are cheap Walmart C-bombs recently. I figured I'd do some research, but could run them through summer for some trips. Had a blowout (luckily) pulling into storage after a 100 degree descent down I-80 from Park City. Whew! Lucky I made it back, anyone who's come down Parley's Canyon loaded up knows it's sketchy at best.

Anyway I've been looking into new tires. Want to go up to 14 ply steel load range F or G. Goodyears are made in US but backordered until 2022. Sailuns seem well reviewed.

But.... I had Hankooks on my ZL1 and loved them and just noticed that they have come out with a line of trailer tires. The steel carcass TH31 14 ply tires look to be well engineered. Pricey but I'll spend a grand for 4 pieces of mind. Does anyone have any input? I know I'll kinda be a Guinea pig since these are so new. It's my understanding that they are made in South Korea which is fine by me.

https://m.hankooktire.com/us/tire/special-trailer/st01.html

Attachments

• Vantra_Trailer_TH31_Leaflet.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 3

TrailCreek

We just had two blowouts on Friday the 13th, older Sailun tires, H range, with >6,000 miles. Replaced with the only tires available, Roadmaster by Cooper. 275/75R/17.7.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Tanasyd1

I just ordered 4 Vantra’s for my North Trail. I have over 5000 miles on the factory tires and I’m concerned about how long they will last. Goodyears are back ordered till 2022 so I thought I would give these a try. I hope I made a good decision

spectra

Hello all, new to the forum, first post. I picked up my 2019 Torque T32 a few months ago and she's a heavy girl all loaded up. The guy said it had new tires on it, I learned they are cheap Walmart C-bombs recently. I figured I'd do some research, but could run them through summer for some trips. Had a blowout (luckily) pulling into storage after a 100 degree descent down I-80 from Park City. Whew! Lucky I made it back, anyone who's come down Parley's Canyon loaded up knows it's sketchy at best.

Anyway I've been looking into new tires. Want to go up to 14 ply steel load range F or G. Goodyears are made in US but backordered until 2022. Sailuns seem well reviewed.

But.... I had Hankooks on my ZL1 and loved them and just noticed that they have come out with a line of trailer tires. The steel carcass TH31 14 ply tires look to be well engineered. Pricey but I'll spend a grand for 4 pieces of mind. Does anyone have any input? I know I'll kinda be a Guinea pig since these are so new. It's my understanding that they are made in South Korea which is fine by me.

https://m.hankooktire.com/us/tire/special-trailer/st01.html
I recently purchased a 2017 Heartland Road Warrior 427 toy hauler. It had the original Sailun tires and I did not want to travel 1000 miles from Indiana back to Florida on "old" tires in July! I researched and decided on Hartland All Steel Radial G rated tires from Discount Tire https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/hartland-st-radial-all-steel/p/25552
These tires are awesome! Check out the specs for yourself. Another deciding factor beyond price was nationwide location availability as well as the Discount Tire road hazzard!!