Hartland RV tires for our Cyclone

jmarnell

Picked up a set of 7 Hartland tires for our triple axle Cyclone today at Discount Tire. They are replacing the almost 5 year old Sailuns that came with the rig. I decided to go with these after reading several positive reviews. They're not the cheapest out there but they apparently have been performing well. The tires have a higher speed rating (M or 81mph) than the Sailuns which should mean they are a bit more resistant to heat buildup. I also like the Discount Tire warranty that is good nationwide if we do have any issues. I'm glad I ordered them early before our travels in the spring as it took 3 weeks for the dealer here to gather up 7 of them, so I assume like a lot things these days they are a bit hard to get. I'll report back on our experience with them once we get to traveling again!

david-steph2018

I just had new tires installed this morning. I stayed with the Sailuns, but went to the 235/85/16, instead of the 235/80/16. With all of the taxes, fees they came out to be $213/each. They took down the spare and examined it and said, "it looked good I wouldn't replace it." I was there watching while they checked it and replaced the other tires. It took them about 1 hour to change the tires out. The date codes are 3221 on all 6 tires. We went to Best Drive in Tolleson, Az.

Bogie

As the dealer had to scrape them up from various places, you might want to check the date codes to make sure all relatively close and you didn't get one (or more) that were sitting around for a year or more. Won't make a difference now, but may in 4 years.

david-steph2018

All the date codes on these matched. Best Drive is a huge truck tires place, they must have had 300 different truck tires in stock. The store is here on I-10 west between the 3 or 4 big truck stops on the west side of Phoenix. For the Sailuns, they carry these in stock and probably had a couple dozen of each of the 80's & 85's in stock. I asked one of the installers what the date code was and he said 3221. When I asked if these were the newest, he said let's go and look.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Have had a set of Hartland’s on the BH since May 2019. At about 23K miles I’m pleased. Even wear, hold pressure well, ran cool last year in 90-95* air temps with, I think, minimal pressure increases. Would recommend

Last edited:

clark261

I have been looking across the market for excellent tires for motor home that has superb handling for a road trip to the mountains. My search brought me to this Goodyear product, and I am sufficiently pleased with its performance.