Hartland Tires???

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I was doing a websearch looking for a replacement trailer tire today, and came across the brand HARTLAND TIRES at America's (Discount) Tires stores:

Have 4 of them from discount tire purchased early 2019 when we were out west. Just about to finish a 9000 mile trip. My records show we’ll have just over 20K on them upon arriving home. Still lots of tread. Wearing evenly. Hold pressure well. TPMS indicates they run cool even in 90+* degree heat. Quite satisfied

TrailCreek

Just currious, were they made in 2019? I got some in 2016 but they were made in 2015 and even with good tread they started blowing this year. Our tire guy said 5 years and change under heavy use. Maybe a little longer under limited use and covered when parked. I've had them last longer but it's a big gamble. Friday the 13th, within 4 hours. Bad side winds. 5 year old Sailuns, 8,000 miles tops.
ca3bb735b04a9633e8f14c0fa385bee1.jpg
eab1dac8cc0f3a84c1ccda843d113594.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

travelin2

Any tire can/will fail and I agree with the 5 year maximum replacement. We’ve had these 29 months (date codes March 2019) and over 20K miles and they are “looking” better than the OEM Sailuns which I replaced at 32 months and just under 30K miles. IMO items, machinery, etc that’s used consistently will outlast those same items used intermittently. I’d trust my tires knowing they’ve been used and cared for over a set that has sat for an extended period without use. Just saying. 4E15AACC-308B-41F0-B9B4-F099875A2F9C.jpeg

jmarnell

I was doing a websearch looking for a replacement trailer tire today, and came across the brand HARTLAND TIRES at America's (Discount) Tires stores:

My gut tells me these would be worth looking at. I can't imagine a place like Discount Tire deliberately selling a cheap, unreliable tire as their house brand. That would be very bad for business. The Sailuns on our Cyclone are low mileage but almost 5 years old so we will be looking at replacements in the spring before a long trip next summer. The Hartland tires will be in the shopping comparison. Thanks for sharing!

Has anyone used tires from this brand? How is the tire quality? Currently, I am using Maxxis m8008 radial tires, also 3 years old. If it's good, will look into it when needs to be replaced.

travelin2

My gut tells me these would be worth looking at. I can't imagine a place like Discount Tire deliberately selling a cheap, unreliable tire as their house brand. That would be very bad for business. The Sailuns on our Cyclone are low mileage but almost 5 years old so we will be looking at replacements in the spring before a long trip next summer. The Hartland tires will be in the shopping comparison. Thanks for sharing!
Add Gladiator tires to your comparison too. Similar to Sailuns and Hartland tires, all steel belts. I bought a set of those in 2015 for our previous BH from Les schwab. Good reviews then. Only had that rig for a year afterwards before the current rig so don’t have a lot of history personally. However a friend has & had gladiator tires on his 14K flat deck and landscape dump trailer with success

wdk450

I just thought the choice of name was curious, with Heartland's big RV 5th wheel market share. Haven't seen any "Cameo" or "Montana" tires yet.

RoadJunkie

Some of the off-shore tire manufactures have fun with a play on words, Hartland, for example. I had a set delivered on a Bighorn once that were Freestone (good tire), a play on Firestone, I imagine. If I've had good luck with a tire then I tend to stick with them. Buy cheap...buy twice, or...Don't confuse price with cost.

travelin2

Another BH owner here in PA just had a set of Sailuns replaced under warranty. Upon inspection before a trip, he discovered tread separation starting to occur on 2 of the 4 tires.
Others I know have walked away from Goodyears
None are “perfect”!