has the suspension on the landmark been upgraded ?

kubo

I have on order a 2010 landmark agusta with the landmark package, it comes with the goodyear tires and trail air suspension, I would like to know if that has been an upgrade from previous units that have had problems with the suspension breaking ect ect. thank you for any and all information on this . have a great day :)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
In the past the Landmarks came with Mor-Ryde RE suspension package. Several years (a couple) ago Heartland switch to the Trail-Air suspension package. Both are similar but different manufacturers. Neither the Mor-Ryde or Trail-Air systems come standard with the "wet-bolts". (Wet Bolts have a grease fitting on the end to be able to lubricate the bolts.) Goodyear tires are an upgrade from previous years. Used to come with Chinese tires.

lwmcguir

If you want to upgrade a bit go with the Trail-air Center Point suspension. It is well worth the $1000 or so it will cost you. Great improvement on rough roads or interstate hi ways. If you are going to push the limit on weight with a lot of equipment in the storage compartments, generator and so on then upgrade the axles to 8K. This will give you heavier bearings and 2.75/12 inch brakes. Sure is the way to go and will cost you about 3 grand overall. You will think is money well spent if you are going to maximize the use of the Augusta.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
If your going to spend money on your suspension, like change out the axles, I would suggest that you take a little bigger step and going with Mor/Ryde Independent Suspension. It is built and setup for the weight of your trailer. They also reinforce the frame which is also a great benifit.

I am really happy with my IS and DB setup by Mor/Ryde. I especially like the Disk Brakes.

BC

lwmcguir

Mor Ryde sure works well as your post state. We have a couple of trailers with it installed with large drum brakes. The only thing you have to watch to get the maximum benefit is to tow the trailers level. We like to do this anyway but see a lot of campers and trailers on the road with the front up. This really puts an extra load on the rear tires and can be a problem. The lack of maintenance with the sealed bearings as well is a good feature. Not having to change out hanger bolts isn't bad either.

nscaler2

I agree

If your going to spend money on your suspension, like change out the axles, I would suggest that you take a little bigger step and going with Mor/Ryde Independent Suspension. It is built and setup for the weight of your trailer. They also reinforce the frame which is also a great benifit.

I am really happy with my IS and DB setup by Mor/Ryde. I especially like the Disk Brakes.

BC
I agree with TXBobcat. We had the same thing done to our 3055 (actually on the same day he had his done). The better brakes and suspension make a world of difference. Besides, then you wouldn't have to worry about the Chinese made springs sagging or breaking on you.

rick_debbie_gallant

In this day and age where we are finding more and more Americans out of work:mad: and more and more substandard "junk" from china:mad::mad:, why do American manufacturers insist on shipping stuff from china when at the very minimum it will have to be replaced and at the worst, fail, cause a serious accident, injury or even death? It would be interesting to know how much American made content went into the stuff we buy.

geeksrus

In this day and age where we are finding more and more Americans out of work:mad: and more and more substandard "junk" from china:mad::mad:, why do American manufacturers insist on shipping stuff from china when at the very minimum it will have to be replaced and at the worst, fail, cause a serious accident, injury or even death? It would be interesting to know how much American made content went into the stuff we buy.

Right on... because of the suspension problem I had, Lippert supplied replacement leaf springs with more 'china junk'. I then when to a local manufacturer & got Canadian made springs installed.

Shame on Lippert for supplying 'china junk' and shame on Heartland for allowing this junk from Lippert on their units.

Eh!

rick_debbie_gallant

BTW when I posted american workers I should have said "north-american" workers. We are all in this together brother. Us "north-american" brothers and sisters just have to plane stick together:D.

smday

BTW when I posted american workers I should have said "north-american" workers.
I couldn't agree more with you. Now if only the rest of North America could think like that and work together the economy would come back quicker. We all have the same goals in life, but unfourtanatly we Canadians can only enjoy some of the great places in the U.S. for 6 months of the year

rick_debbie_gallant

I couldn't agree more with you. Now if only the rest of North America could think like that and work together the economy would come back quicker. We all have the same goals in life, but unfourtanatly we Canadians can only enjoy some of the great places in the U.S. for 6 months of the year

Just curious, is that a total of 6 months out of 1 calender year Jan 1 to dec 31 concurrent? If so how long do you have to go back to Canada for?

Is it a USA law or Candian law? What about dual citizenship? Guess I should google it and see, eh? BTW my family came from PEI years and years ago, eh:D.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The answer as to why we have so much "Foreign" junk used in our products is simple. It is the reason our manufacturers and our governments get ripped off so much of the time. Two words.... LOW BID .... It will continue to be a problem until we demand quality instead of price.