Heading Back North

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We're leaving this morning for the trek back to Wisconsin. A week in Branson is planned just to make sure all of the snow has melted at the end of our driveway.;)

Ray LeTourneau

In Dothan, AL tonight. Tupelo, MS tomorrow. Came through a very strong storm west of Tallahassee. An accident occurred but there was plenty of help and no injuries so traffic moved around it pretty well. It rained so heavy I was afraid to try and stop for fear of being rear ended. Turned on the flashers and kept it on the white line at 45 mph.

Garypowell

Ray,

Sorry to see you go....we need folks like you in Florida to help pay our taxes;) I know you'll be back.

Seriously, I am curious where in Dothan, AL you found a place to stay? Youngest Son's wife's parents live there and wanted to stay a night and visit.....but could not find a place to stay. So we parked in Wal-Mart south of town and had them pick us up. Great Bar-B-Que place right where 231 circles around the city going north into town. On the left. It is like the last chance to turn before you take 231 around the circle route.

Ray LeTourneau

Ray,

Sorry to see you go....we need folks like you in Florida to help pay our taxes;) I know you'll be back.

Seriously, I am curious where in Dothan, AL you found a place to stay? Youngest Son's wife's parents live there and wanted to stay a night and visit.....but could not find a place to stay. So we parked in Wal-Mart south of town and had them pick us up. Great Bar-B-Que place right where 231 circles around the city going north into town. On the left. It is like the last chance to turn before you take 231 around the circle route.
I'm almost embarrassed to say we holed up in a Howard Johnson's Motel for the night. A King room was only $45. There didn't seem top be any RV parks nearby and this seemed like a good in & out spot for an early departure. We're currently in Tupelo, MS at Barnes Crossing RV Park. Good roads most of the way and nice scenery NW of Birmingham. Small T'storms coming through tonight. We might stay 2 nights and check out the many places to shop and visit here.

sjs731

Ray, it's 60 today in Wausau. Snow is gone from the yards. Piles in parking lots yet and in the woods. Hopefully winter is gone for the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve and Carrie
HOC# 2252
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sundance 3300CK

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Ya'll travel safely. Enjoy your time in Branson. It's on our bucket list since we've never been there.

Kbvols

We were finally able to get the RV out of storage and are heading south...well at least for a few days. Have to see my Vols beat up on each other at the spring game. Safe travels northward drive slow it's still cool up here.