Heading towards the snow?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We left Fredericksburg around 8AM today and after about a 1/2 hour on the road, we were following a Cyclone north on 281. It was being pulled by a Dodge. After a while he pulled of into one of those little picnic areas. There isn't much room in there so we elected to keep on going.

We are now in Gainesville next to the Factory outlet malls in a small RV area. $15 a nite for full hookups & 50 amp electric. Can't beat that for a nite or two. There is a Big Country next to us but I haven't tried to visit yet.
I also met SilverRhino at the KOA we were at in F'burg. Super nice guy. Glad to meet him.

We'll be doing some shopping tomorrow and back on the road Friday AM.

SilverRhino

Glad to hear that you had an uneventful trip to Gainesville. We're still holding down the "fort" hear in Fredericksburg......It was a pleasure to meet you and Lin. Hopefully we will meet up again somewhere down the road.

You guys take care......make sure that Suzi stays comfortable!

jbeletti

Brought my coach home from Elkhart today Ray and as I was pulling into my home CG near Marengo, IL, the flurries started!

I winterized the coach with compressed air earlier in the day but forgot the ice maker. So in the snow flurries, I blew that line out and keeping my fingers crossed that I got enough water out of the water solenoid that it doesn't freeze, then crack :)

Travel safe back to the midwest.

Jim

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ray, we left Aransas Pass on Monday and we are now in southern Arkansas at Chicot County RV Park. We will be in Tunica, MS tomorrow and stay there till it stops snowing up north. Depending on what route you take home, if you guys are headed near there give me a call.

Peace
Dave

rick_debbie_gallant

Debbie and I left from Rockport, Tx on the 14th. We are in Kokomo, indiana right now. Dropped our rig of Monday for some repairs. Will pick it up tomorrow and MAYBE head for home after that. IF it stops snowing that is and IF the drive way is clear.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Boy!! Glad we're head to Vegas when we leave it two weeks...it should be warm there, I hope!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Kathy, I see you got a new TV. Looks like a nice ride.
Sorry to go off topic on this thread.

Peace
Dave

dglatta

Kathi and I are staying put in Ingram, Tx until around the first of May. We're hoping the drought hasn't completely done in the spring wildflowers in the Hill Country. This is a beautiful part of the world!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We've delayed our travel because of the colder temps up north and the warmer wonderful weather here in Gainesville. We'll hang around and play tourist for a few days.
On another subject, I forgot to ask or mention, I noticed a Bighorn set up just west of the LBJ Visitors area on Hwy 290 near Stonewall. I'm guessing this is a workkampers rig. Anyone we know??? There is another RV close by and an in ground pool as well.