Heard of Samson Tires?

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
We are in the market for new tires. I've called several dealers about the GY G614 and no one has them. One dealer recommended Samson Tires. They said all the truckers and heavier trailers use these tires. They are a 'G' rated tire, which is what I want. I know they are made in China, but according to the tire seminar in Goshen, all tires are made in China.

I found some reviews online and haven't seen anything negative. Has anyone heard of them?

danemayer

Nancy,

Most tires are made in China now. Last time this came up, I believe we concluded that Goodyear G614s are made in the U.S.

You may have to order them on the internet and have them mounted locally. Check that your current wheels are rated for 110psi. Should be stamped on the inside of the wheel, or you can call Tredit to find out.

I talked to my local Walmart a year ago and they said they could get them. I would have had to have used the levelup to get the wheels off the ground since the trailer wouldn't fit their bays. Their price installed was going to be around $400 each.

nander

Thanks, Dan. I did ask Discount Tire and they said the G614s were on back order at Goodyear. That was 2 months ago and they are still on back order. I did check the wheel and the max is 110 psi.

This last dealer said the Samson tire was just as good as the Goodyear at half the price. I know price isn't everything, but we can't wait forever.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson
North Texas Chapter Leader

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Here is a partial LIST of tire brands with country of origin, although I don't see Samson listed.

I especially like the listing for "FATE" tires. That doesn't instill much confidence. Trace

Last edited:

nander

Thanks for the info. I will call some more dealers and see if they can get the Goodyear. If not, I'll order online.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Check with Simpletire.com also. I got one from them a couple of months ago at a great price and it came in just three days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul & Nan

Check with Camping World, they carry them. Not sure if they keep them in stock however. We have gotten them from there in the past.

danemayer

Nancy,

One of the things that makes the G614 so reliable is that it's got steel belts that run from bead to bead instead of just under the tread. That helps protect the sidewalls from damage. The G614 is much heavier than most.

Samson looks to be the Advance_Tyre brand made by Guizhou in China. Here's a link to a Samson brochure. Here's a link to the Guizhou brochure.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
One thing to consider, you may pay more for GY, but they seem to have been excellent at covering damage if by chance the tire fails. Another brand may not be so agreeable.

nander

Thanks for all the replys! I'll call around and see what I can find. I really want to go with the g614...mainly for the peace of mind.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

nander

Thanks, Nan, for the tip to call Camping World. I never thought of them. I called and ordered the G614. Of course, it will be Monday before they are ordered, but he said they usually get them in a week.
They were alot cheaper than Discount Tire, too.

One more question....should I also get a G614 for the spare or keep what we have (blowmax) for the spare?

wdk450

One thing to consider, you may pay more for GY, but they seem to have been excellent at covering damage if by chance the tire fails. Another brand may not be so agreeable.

Agreed, that Goodyear has a great history among RV forums of paying for consequential damage, BUT - These payments are contrary to their disavowal of these damages in their official warranty documents. See: http://www.goodyearrvtires.com/pdfs/tire-care-guide.pdf page 20, last bullet point near bottom of page.

danemayer

Agreed, that Goodyear has a great history among RV forums of paying for consequential damage, BUT - These payments are contrary to their disavowal of these damages in their official warranty documents. See: http://www.goodyearrvtires.com/pdfs/tire-care-guide.pdf page 20, last bullet point near bottom of page.

Every tire from every manufacturer will have the same limit on their warranty liability for consequential damages. If it didn't, their liability would be virtually unlimited because consequential damages could include just about anything. Under the terms of the warranty, they don't have to pay for damage to the RV, but as we have heard a number of times, Goodyear does.

nander

Just got home from Camping World getting the GY G614s installed. I feel much better on the road now! Thanks for all the help.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

donr827

Good news and you will feel a lot better about driving down the road. All you need now is a TMS.
Don

Paul & Nan

So glad you got the G614's. Hope you got one for the spare as well. Guess you got a good Christmas present there as well. See you next week!!