Heartland does a flip flop !

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Haertland does a flip flop !

I think swapping products for other products of lesser value and quality, without giving the buyer notice, borders on consumer fraud.
I don't think so. If you read the brochure of any RV manufacturer, and probably any manufacturer, there is a disclaimer that states something to the effect of, we reserve the right to make changes without prior notice.

Peace
Dave

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

I don't think so. If you read the brochure of any RV manufacturer, and probably any manufacturer, there is a disclaimer that states something to the effect of, we reserve the right to make changes without prior notice.

Peace
Dave

Often, they cut in one area to enhance another. Sometimes the cuts are noticeable, others are not. The enhancements are usually very noticeable. A change to MorRyde suspension components on 2017 Big Country. But I noticed the LED light strip in the dinette ceiling is gone, and also the sound bar for the tv. It's a constant give and take, if the goal is to not raise the price significantly when adding features that draw buyers and keep them competitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigGuy82

My humble opinion: Heartland should stop arguing and just give the guy the lousy $100 DVD player. Is it worth risking customer satisfaction for 100 bucks?

Regarding the TV: Meh - who cares? Not worth getting that upset about. I don't even know what brand mine is but it has a very nice picture (if it had a lousy picture, I would have been on the dealers case) - and previous writers are correct - the manufacturer can make changes pretty much at will.

If this is the biggest problem that coach has, it's a wonderful day!

Tree14

I agree!! Our stereo never worked so they had " Camping World. .the worst business in the RV world replace it with a CHEAP definitely lower quality stereo system. We paid for a high end toyhauler, why does Heartland replace with POS equipment.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I put better speakers in the ceiling . . .

My Furrion stereo was damaged by the dealership after they tried to pull it out of the cabinet . . .

However, the first time the dealer worked on it the tech screwed it in to the entertainment center
so bad that it literally had to be ripped out in pieces:

ProwlerEntCenter-IMAG0231.jpg

Here is the replacement unit and their patch job to the entertainment center:

ProwlerEntCenterNewStereo-P5100150.jpg

BigGuy82

I agree!! Our stereo never worked so they had " Camping World. .the worst business in the RV world replace it with a CHEAP definitely lower quality stereo system. We paid for a high end toyhauler, why does Heartland replace with POS equipment.

I see everyone's point about RV stereo quality, but from what I've seen, the units used in modern RV's (at least mid-range ones) are pretty much mediocre. My suggestion is that if you are an "audiophile" or are just seeking a superior sound system is to invest in a top quality after market system, paying particular attention to speaker quality. I also suggest that if you are looking for a top quality supplier with great technical assistance and true customer service you try Crutchfield Electronics: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-4f7Vb55YK3S/

Not the cheapest but you get great gear, great service and a great selection. And no, I don't work for Crutchfield.

Tree14

Yes o bought a new stereo for my Jeep from them, great place

TxCowboy

I think that most of us would agree that the electronics installed in most RVs today are rather poor quality. When we bought our new LM Key West a couple of years ago, I couldn't find the manuals for the two types of LG televisions that came with the RV so I looked them up on the LG website. Both models of the installed TVs in our new RV had been discontinued by LG.

Wow, that surprised me.

Anyway, going forward, we'll likely opt out of the installed electronics in our next RV and install better quality smart TVs on our own dime. We found the installed sound bar adequate but we also expect that Blu Tooth and other technologies will improve the overall entertainment experience substantially by then.

avvidclif

The DVD/surround sound system in my expensive toy hauler was a Sony. I thought ,Ok. Then I looked it up. List price at Wallyworld with speakers was $125. So much for quality. The rear speakers were mounted over a bunk so they couldn't be heard. I just bought a Blue Ray player and a Vizio 5.1 Sound Bar System. It had a wireless sub-woofer and rear speakers. Now I have surround sound.

WBG

WBGavin
The DVD/surround sound system in my expensive toy hauler was a Sony. I thought ,Ok. Then I looked it up. List price at Wallyworld with speakers was $125. So much for quality. The rear speakers were mounted over a bunk so they couldn't be heard. I just bought a Blue Ray player and a Vizio 5.1 Sound Bar System. It had a wireless sub-woofer and rear speakers. Now I have surround sound.

I agree with most of the comments here. If you want truly good A/V in a rig, buy it yourself. The TVs in my 2014 3570 BH were great, but the audio system was a farce. Easy fix and not all that expensive.

WBG

Tree14

Why doesn't the dealer remove the Tvs from their stock trailer and install for their unhappy customer?
I agree !! Your sales rep should take care if you. Like HL said you get whatever they put in the build so no one has expectations on the show model. Insignia is a CHEAP brand TV. Also please post your experience PUBLIC on Facebook, Twitter and anywhere else! !!

danemayer

Insignia is a CHEAP brand TV.

Something to consider is that when the manufacturer of an RV puts in a device, if their cost is $100, by the time the wholesale price is set, $100 may become close to $200. Then the dealer adds his markup and it turns into $400 at retail. You may negotiate with the dealer to get the price knocked down to $300.

So if Heartland listened to all this good advice and bought a "good" device that cost $300, by the time it gets to retail pricing, it could be $1,200. And even after you negotiate pricing, you'll still pay $900.

As the old saying goes, be careful what you wish for.

Btw, Best Buy sells the Insignia brand.

Rooster58

Why is everyone so willing to make excuses for displaying a brand name TV and then shipping with a no name TV?

I'm no LG fan, but if the show trailer had a LG and I was ordering based on the visual perception that the trailer would be shipped with a LG, then it better have an LG, Samsung or Sony when it showed up at the dealer and not an off brand no name, or I would walk.

My thoughts exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPDDet

The sales guy at our dealership advised against ordering the TV option when we purchased our 3100CK. Said the cost was crazy and we could save a few hundred by installing our own.

NYSUPstater

When we ordered our BC, we didn't order 1 for the BR as it was like a $500 option! Say what? $500 bucks? That's nuts!!!! Knowing the size, did some research and bought a tv at Best Buy for like 200 bucks or so. Would just have to get the bracket once we knew the spacing of studs. When the RV came in, it came in, there was a tv in the BR!! Asked why, and guess it was part of the pkg we ordered. Price didn't go up. Both LR & BR tv's are Furrion's. So far so good w/ them. Giving the Best Buy tv to our DD and SIL.