Heartland Owners Forum - GOING MOBILE!

linuxkidd

The iOS version will be called the same as the Android version (HRV Owners), but we are awaiting approval from the Apple app store. Until it's approved, it will not show up.

I will update this thread when it has been approved and is available for download.

Thanks,
LK

rick_debbie_gallant

Okay, I am using tapatalk with this submission. Is there going to be another app instead of tapatalk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

linuxkidd

Okay, I am using tapatalk with this submission. Is there going to be another app instead of tapatalk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are ultimately 4 options:
+tapatalk
+forumrunner
+native HRV Owners app
+mobile theme from your mobile browser

Right now, all 4 are available for Android.
All but the HRV Owners native app are available for iPhone/iPad.

Please see the first post in this thread for details on each and where/how to get them.

Thanks,
LK

rick_debbie_gallant

I kind of like the tapatalk on the kindle fire. It did take a while to figure out how to use it. But I am likeing it more and more. JMHO!

WELCOME HOME!

rick_debbie_gallant

Maybe I need to play with it some more. I couldn't get it to delete the read posts.

there are a lot of things you can do. One of them is just reading those you have not read. Deleting those you have, etc....

OH, I FORGOT, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY!

porthole

Retired
Tapatalk Geo tags.

I see 2 members have a Geotag and JB has his, which I assume is live, in his signature.
How do you set the tag? I don't see it in the app menu.

jbeletti

Okay - now I see it in my sig when I post from Tapatalk. I don't recall turning that on, don't see how to turn it off.

Jim

porthole

Retired
C'mon Guru - I was hoping for a better answer then that ;)

After I saw your tag I went looking - can't find anything related to it. If you click on your tag it brings up a map showing your location - don';t know if it is live or the last time you posted using TaT.

But if you go into the TaT app and bring up the menu, click on "more", the bottom option is GeoTags Click on that and there are currently two tags, yours and "Hastey's"
Clicking on the tag brings up all the HL forum info in the members profile.

As far as turning on or off, I don't see it either. There is no tag for me.

porthole

Retired
advanced option choice, "map"

[image redacted]

********** 07719, USA

---
I am here: [link redacted]
iPhone using Tapatalk

Always wanted to use that word - ever since the first Gov report I read that was heavily edited.

porthole

Retired
H'mmm, have to wonder about this tagging. My tag now shows up on the "tag map".
If you zoom in close enough, and you knew my house, you could see that according to my tag I am in the 2nd bedroom. Which is not correct, I am in the 3rd bedroom/office which is 10 feet from the 2nd.

That is almost 24/Jack Bauer accurate!

danemayer

The geotagging seems to work only on the iPhone Tapatalk app. I was prompted to allow geotagging. On the Android version, it didn't prompt me for geotagging and I can't find it in the settings.

Btw, the location was off by just a few feet; enough to give my address on the wrong street.