Heartland Owners Sighting in Chicago - 20-June-2009

jbeletti

I had a Heartland Owners sighting. Last night, Nancy and I met Carol and Terry Hershberger in Naperville for Chicago-style pizza at Gino's East. After dinner, we went over to Andy's Custard for some dessert and then back downtown Naperville to walk the River Walk. A very nice evening.

If you Heartlanders are staying near or passing through Chicago, consider emailing me through this forum if you want to try to get together for a meal or a quick bite.

If you're just "passing-through", there's a Cabela's near my home with RV parking and a restaurant (plus other restaurants within a mile) on I-90 at IL-59 on the Northwest corner. Exit I-90 at IL-59, go north to the first light, then left onto the frontage road, following the Cabela's signs.

Jim

Attachments

• Terry_Carol_Hershberger_06-20-09.jpg
    Terry_Carol_Hershberger_06-20-09.jpg
    504.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Jim_Nancy_Beletti_06-20-09.jpg
    Jim_Nancy_Beletti_06-20-09.jpg
    462.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
So Jim, did you put those 2 pounds you lost in Goshen back on? Gino's East has some pretty good Pizza but there are some real good ones close to you. Village Pizza & Pub up by the tollway on Randall Rd. One of my favorites is Barnaby's. Incidentally, I have to brag on my Son's work. He built the gun display room at that new Cabela's Store in Schaumburg. (Or is that Streamwood?)

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Jim,

Carol and I had a good time with you and Nancy. Tonight we went to White Fence Farm and had some great Fried Chicken with all the fixings. That is another place to arrive in the starved mode. We brought home a bag of left
over chicken.

We are heading north to Oshkosh, WI tomorrow.

jbeletti

Ray,

Hey - nice Gun Library. Been in it many times. Heading to Cabela's tonight (Monday) for a little Alaska trip outfitting :)

Terry and Carol,

Glad to hear you tried White Fence Farms. Was their parking lot flooded? It was back in 2004 when we went there. Had our hybrid TT in tow that first time. Ate at a table in the parking lot as the dining room was flooded out. The last time we were there, we did eat inside.

Lots of great places to eat in the Chicago area. Next time you are in for longer, we must head over to Bob Chinn's Crabhouse in Wheeling, IL. A haul from your CG but we can make it a day excursion :)

Travel safe,

Jim