Heartlanders in Rockport, Aransas Pass and Port Aransas

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
The Coastal Bend Heartlanders are meeting AT BEACHES.......McAlister and Beach Street in Port Aransas. 4 pm..... RSVP so I can make reservations.....

We are having so much fun being together.... If you are in the area and want to join us, please e-mail me.. We would love to meet you.

olcoon

Dang Karen, you are killing us!! Sally got called back to her seasonal job, & we are heading back to KC Wed. The last 2 months have been a heck of a ride! Hate to wish our lives away, but we can't wait until next winter!!!

Safe travels to all!

Herbiesrig

The Coastal Bend Heartlanders are meeting AT BEACHES.......McAlister and Beach Street in Port Aransas.
Thursday Feb 23, 2012

4 pm..... RSVP so I can make reservations.....

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
I apologize for jumping in but I thought it was best to go to those in the know. We plan to spend a month or so in the Corpus/Aransas Pass/Rockport area this coming fall/winter and I was hoping that I could get some recommendations for parks to stay at. We're hoping that you continue your get togethers next year! Thank you in advance and again I apologize for 'changing the subject'.

olcoon

Kelly & Michael,
While we were in Rockport we looked around at different parks, and found some we'd go to. What we were looking for was smaller parks, parks that you weren't packed in like sardines, and parks that had a pad to park on, and most important parks that wouldn't break our bank. We stayed at Rustic Cove, and liked it. The first 3 parks are in the same area. Also in that same area a new park is being built, I think the name will be Salt Flats. Also, if you'd like to camp next to the ocean, Goose Island SP has a campgound where you can back your rig right up to the sea wall. There are a lot of other parks in the area, but in our limited search these are the ones that struck our fancy. Hope this helps.

Rustic Cove RV Park
Not close to beach. We stayed here for 2 weeks 2011/2012
http://www.rusticcove-rvresort.com/

Drifters RV Park
Not close to the beach.
http://www.driftersresort.com/

Last Resort RV Park
Not Close to beach.
http://www.rockportlastresort.com/

Rock Port 35
Close to the beach
http://www.35rv.com/

Bay View RV Park
Close to the beach.
http://bayviewrockport.com/

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
we are at Drifters and have already made reservations for next year. The new one will be Saltwater Flats about 1/4 mile north of us and is supposed to open up in March, some tell us that they are not giving a monthly rate, Rustic Cove is 1/2 south. we checked out a lot of parks here and choose Drifters and have not been disappointed, Karen is at Southern Oaks and is also a nice park, I personally don't care for Bayview but that is just my opinion. We took a weekend and came down without the rig and looked around. Some parks will photo shop a picture and it looks great until you drive in it. Drifters has large lots, a lot of activities and not only friendly people but the staff treats us like kings and queens. The whole town of Rockport welcomes us as Winter Texans.

2psnapod1

Lee & Linda - Roy & Sally - Thank you so much for your suggestions! Both Rustic Cove & Drifters are on my current list of those to look into more. Both look like what we are wanting (affordable, smallish, roomy, centrally located, concrete pads). I'll do more research on the other parks you suggested and I'm sure I will come up with a winner!

Still open to any suggestions in the Aransas Pass area if anyone has any!

Herbiesrig

Ransom Road RV is a nice park.. we stayed there for 4 years, and reason we left is that we needed some fresh air... we don't like staying in one place for long periods.. Who knows maybe in a few years we will go back....It is a nice small park.. google ---google earth and see that park

2psnapod1

Ransom Road RV Park is also on my list...will research it more as well. It's always nice to hear from people that have actually stayed at a place rather than just going by what is said on the internet or in brochures. Thank you!

jayc

Legendary Member
Kelly and Michael, don't forget that we will have some more get togethers in the valley. I know that our Rockport Chapter Leader (Karen) has some fun there but we hope that you will be able to make it a little further south.

2psnapod1

Kelly and Michael, don't forget that we will have some more get togethers in the valley. I know that our Rockport Chapter Leader (Karen) has some fun there but we hope that you will be able to make it a little further south.

Oh don't you worry, Jay! We'll be down in the valley for a month or so too! In time for those get-togethers in Mission & Donna!

jpdoggett

I apologize for jumping in but I thought it was best to go to those in the know. We plan to spend a month or so in the Corpus/Aransas Pass/Rockport area this coming fall/winter and I was hoping that I could get some recommendations for parks to stay at. We're hoping that you continue your get togethers next year! Thank you in advance and again I apologize for 'changing the subject'.
Kelly & Michael
We stay at Watersedge RV Park and have for the last two years and are planning on it this next year Oct 1 to April 1
www.watersedgervparktexas.com

Hope to see you in the area next year we all have a good time

Jim & Pat

2psnapod1

Kelly & Michael
We stay at Watersedge RV Park and have for the last two years and are planning on it this next year Oct 1 to April 1
www.watersedgervparktexas.com

Hope to see you in the area next year we all have a good time

Jim & Pat

Watersedge is not a park that I had come across yet! Thank you for advising. Being so close to the water is quite enticing...

Herbiesrig

I totally agree about word of mouth verses the internet and brochures. When we started going away for the winter we were in Alabama and made reservations from internet and we got there a few days early and was at the state park and we drove around and looked at the park and it was a disaster. Luckily they did not a deposit and we never showed up.  Then a few years later we went to Texas and did the same thing reserved off of the internet and when we got there and was taken to our spot, I just about died, it was in an area that I called trailer trash and they would not give us our deposit back, We could only stand being there for 2 weeks and gave up the rest of our month.  After driving around and looking at parks and availability we ended up at Ransom Road and stayed there for 4 years.Good luck finding a park that is right for you,.  Hope to see you next year at our HOC friends Get-to-gethers.....

2psnapod1

I totally agree about word of mouth verses the internet and brochures. When we started going away for the winter we were in Alabama and made reservations from internet and we got there a few days early and was at the state park and we drove around and looked at the park and it was a disaster. Luckily they did not a deposit and we never showed up.  Then a few years later we went to Texas and did the same thing reserved off of the internet and when we got there and was taken to our spot, I just about died, it was in an area that I called trailer trash and they would not give us our deposit back, We could only stand being there for 2 weeks and gave up the rest of our month.  After driving around and looking at parks and availability we ended up at Ransom Road and stayed there for 4 years.Good luck finding a park that is right for you,.  Hope to see you next year at our HOC friends Get-to-gethers.....

Thank you so much! My original plan was to stay in Corpus Christi and after seeing you post about your get-togethers I have to admit I was drawn to the Aransas Pass/Rockport area. There is nothing like having Heartland friends nearby! I'm sure we will meet at HOC events next year! Hoping to make a decision on a park in the next few days so that I can get my reservations made!