Heating configuration

oscar

2020 Road Warrior 430

It appears I have one gasoline fill and there appears to be ONE 30G tank........Most toy haulers I've seen have 2 tanks......

Three roof top AC units. Aside from cooling the bedroom thermostat also offers "HEAT" with "FURNACE" displayed. It in fact controls the furnace, and it works. Garage thermostat offers "HEAT" with "HEAT STRIP". This in fact also appears to be the case and working. Yeah. Now, the kitchen/living room thermostat offers "HEAT" and "FURNACE". It appears to do absolutely nothing in heat mode. Does it also have a heat strip and is the thermostat programmed incorrectly or is there NO heat of any kind associated with this unit and they just have it display furnace for no reason? I was hoping the center unit would be a heat pump or at least have a heat strip....... Guess I can always add a heat strip although I don't know what the power requirements are vis a vis wiring/fuse size etc.

Lastly, I have figured out all but one of the inside light switches. In the controls cabinet in the kitchen there is a cluster of five, 3 over 2, light switches. The three and the left of the two are accounted for. I cannot figure out what the right one of the 2 does.......

Thanks. More questions later......

danemayer

Dometic thermostats are all capable of controlling the furnace, but only one of them is actually wired to the furnace. I think heat strips are optional, so you might find a heat strip on one unit, and not on another.

oscar

Dometic thermostats are all capable of controlling the furnace, but only one of them is actually wired to the furnace. I think heat strips are optional, so you might find a heat strip on one unit, and not on another.
Thanks, yes aware of all that as I noted in my post. The question is what I have in the center, and why (if) the thermostat is not programmed correctly.

danemayer

I doubt Heartland has multiple thermostat part numbers, with different programming from Dometic. And I really doubt that Heartland manufacturing people configure or program the thermostats on the assembly line. And given how many people try to operate the furnace from the wrong thermostat, I'd say it must be pretty standard for them to display a heat choice even if not actually connected to a heat strip or furnace.

david-steph2018

If it helps.......
On our 2018 RW427 the garage has a heat strip, the bedroom controls the furnace, the main AC unit does NOT have a heat strip or control the furnace.
In our control cabinet we have a different setup of the switches, 3 over 3 over 2. The 2 are for the ceiling fan in the kitchen area, open/close and on/off fan.
But yes, we have 2 fuel tanks both are 30 gals. Front dedicated to the generator and the rear for the refill of the toys.

Matt750

Our ‘19 CY4007 is configured the same way. Our living room thermostat is the same. I just cycle through and skip over the furnace. I guess I’ve never really thought about programming that function out of the thermostat since is so easy to just cycle past it! Now I might have to look into it.

I do find it odd that you only have one fuel tank.

jmarnell

The 2nd fuel tank is an option on these units. That's how it's listed on the spec sheet for our Cyclone. Only one fuel tank is standard.

I did check once and you can purchase the optional heat strip for the living room AC unit. But we opted not to do that because the electric fireplace is there which pretty much does the same thing.

oscar

Thanks for the replies, they are helpful. So switch may be fan on/off although the thing turns itself on and off as it opens and closes.

david-steph2018

On our rig, the kitchen fan can be opened without turning on, thus the need for the on/off switch. But one thing I have seen is each rig is different, even the same models are different.