Heating

Routemaster

This morning switching on heating it took three go for it to fire up and run what can it be please? Sounded like the motor was trying to start
Den.

danemayer

Hi Den,

The normal sequence is:

1. Thermostat calls for heat
  2. A relay near the A/C unit clicks, sending 12V DC to the furnace.
  3. The furnace blower starts and blows cold air for 25 seconds.
  4. The sail switch near the blower closes when the airflow reaches 75% of normal.
  5. The gas valve on the furnace opens and the control board fires the igniter.
  6. The igniter has a flame sensor. After a few seconds if flame is not detected, the gas valve shuts off.
  7. 2 additional ignition tries will be made and on failure, the furnace will lock out, requiring a recycle at the thermostat.

If the blower started, you should check for several things:

• Insects nesting or leaves/other stuff blocking the airflow outside.
  • Poor propane flow. Verify propane tanks are not below 1/3 full. Close the tank valves and re-open verrry slowly. Bleed off air in the lines by lighting the range top burners and letting them run for 1-2 minutes.
  • Low DC voltage. You can check this on your control panel.
  • Check interior vents to ensure you're not restricting airflow.

Routemaster

Has any one else had the problem pulling out the furnace out road side?
I need to take it out as it is not functioning properly. In the picture someone has spot welded angle both sides at the bottom of unit as feet I guess but not used and this is what is stopping me pulling the furnace out.

Is there a reason that the plumbing is going in all directions I was looking at re doing the plumbing so as to make access to pull the furnace into the hold.
Den.

Attachments

• IMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_0325.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0330.JPG
    IMG_0330.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 80

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
Has any one else had the problem pulling out the furnace out road side?
I need to take it out as it is not functioning properly. In the picture someone has spot welded angle both sides at the bottom of unit as feet I guess but not used and this is what is stopping me pulling the furnace out.

Is there a reason that the plumbing is going in all directions I was looking at re doing the plumbing so as to make access to pull the furnace into the hold.
Den.

When I pulled the furnace out of our Cyclone I had to remove all ducts, the gas line and wiring then slowly work the box out as it catches on everything. Once I had it out I modified how it mounts in the box so I could reinstall the box and then just slide the furnace from the box. It is a much better way to go.

Routemaster

When I pulled the furnace out of our Cyclone I had to remove all ducts, the gas line and wiring then slowly work the box out as it catches on everything. Once I had it out I modified how it mounts in the box so I could reinstall the box and then just slide the furnace from the box. It is a much better way to go.

I have called Heartland and Suburban about my problem waiting to hear. Suburban said they don't sell any hold down angle like in the picture.
I cut off that angle iron off the right at the bottom of unit and still will not pull out. I had gas line off and all the ducting off as well.
Den.

- - - Updated - - -

This is all that the furnace will come out.

Attachments

• Dinoraur Board.JPG
    Dinoraur Board.JPG
    531.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0324.JPG
    IMG_0324.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 66

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Was this the first time you've tried to light the furnace and haven't use the propane in a while? If so, there was most likely air in the lines and it needed to be bled out before enough propane got to the furnace to ignite. The phenomenon you described is similar to getting the gas water heater to light after turning on the propane tanks following a period of non-use.

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
I have called Heartland and Suburban about my problem waiting to hear. Suburban said they don't sell any hold down angle like in the picture.
I cut off that angle iron off the right at the bottom of unit and still will not pull out. I had gas line off and all the ducting off as well.
Den.

- - - Updated - - -

This is all that the furnace will come out.

Mine had 4 screws in the front that held the box in. Once the cover was off there were 2 in the top and 2 in the bottom.

Routemaster

Why are some of the pipes at a angle at the back of the docking center check picture in first post? is just to use less materials? I am making new pipes using Plex fittings see picture. Wil it hurt that I move pipes from half way up a pipe to the ceiling and straighten up others? I do need to make room to pull the furnace out.
Cheers.
Den.

Attachments

• IMG_0332.JPG
    IMG_0332.JPG
    770.2 KB · Views: 50

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I’m confused, our furnace innards slide out once you remove one screw, disconnect the gas line and wires. The cabinet and ductwork stays in place.

68fd1c0ec3fa461d93a6462bb67196f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Routemaster

Please which screw allows you to pull it out like that the only screw I see is the one on the motor feet on the left? I have been told that the whole case has to come out. Yours is laying down ours is upright
Thanks.
Den.

Kathi-27

look for 1 screw that is at the end where the ducts hook up. about half way right at the edge on the side closest toward the pdc.

TravelTiger

Please which screw allows you to pull it out like that the only screw I see is the one on the motor feet on the left? I have been told that the whole case has to come out. Yours is laying down ours is upright
Thanks.
Den.

This isn’t my exact unit but what mine looks like. The yellow arrow points to where to remove the screw.

0965305bd02329194ab8da3fc7e4ef5f.jpg

Routemaster

Ok so I have installed the new Dinosaur board up and running first push of the button. Lets see how it performs. I did pull the guts of the furnace out street side there was no screw in that V inside the at the other end.
Thank you all.
Dennis.

Routemaster

We have three stats for the heating in our Arlington two on the stair case one on the bed/bathroom wall. Why do we have two on the stairs and not one in the living area?
Den.

danemayer

We have three stats for the heating in our Arlington two on the stair case one on the bed/bathroom wall. Why do we have two on the stairs and not one in the living area?
Den.

Probably easier to wire that way. So I'm guessing that you think you would get better cooling results if there thermostat for the rearmost A/C unit were in the living room. But actually, the differences would be 1) if sitting in the living room, it would be a shorter walk to change the thermostat setting, and 2) because of temperature differentials between where you sit and the location of the thermostat, you may have to set the thermostat to a different set point to get the results you want. In other words, if it's too cold in the living room with the thermostat set at 73, change it to 75. With 3 A/C units and 3 thermostats, you have way more control than I ever had with my residential setup where 1 thermostat controlled 6 the flow of cool air into 6 rooms.

TravelTiger

Probably easier to wire that way. So I'm guessing that you think you would get better cooling results if there thermostat for the rearmost A/C unit were in the living room. But actually, the differences would be 1) if sitting in the living room, it would be a shorter walk to change the thermostat setting, and 2) because of temperature differentials between where you sit and the location of the thermostat, you may have to set the thermostat to a different set point to get the results you want. In other words, if it's too cold in the living room with the thermostat set at 73, change it to 75. With 3 A/C units and 3 thermostats, you have way more control than I ever had with my residential setup where 1 thermostat controlled 6 the flow of cool air into 6 rooms.

I hear they are adding remote control from your smartphone on some brands of rv AC units. If you’re in the living room, I guess you can use your app to adjust the setting without getting up!

Routemaster

I am now thinking these stats are only for the three ac units and only use the main one for the heating yes.
Den.