Hello all, new member

09Busaman

Hello all, just sold our minnie winnie and moved into an Elkridge 37BAR. Love the camper and we are still getting familiar and have done one shake down run so far. Many more trips booked through the summer and into the end of the year. Picked up a screw before we did our shake down run and put the spare on so we could make the trip. I am not sure I am comfortable with the Trailer King tires so those are up for replacement asap. I do have one question I could not find via the search, can I safely jack the spring perches and take both tires off one side to have to have them replaced? I was going to do two at a time. We are also new to 5th wheels and learning the auto level system as well, pretty neat system but I did get an out of stroke error. Wont make that mistake again as I believe I have that fixed by re-homing the system. Thank you all and I hope to be able to contribute to the community.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Although Lippert does not recommend it I think most people use the level up to change tires. I know I have and recently did what you are proposing, take two wheels off from one side and took them in for new tires.

Peace
Dave

09Busaman

Although Lippert does not recommend it I think most people use the level up to change tires. I know I have and recently did what you are proposing, take two wheels off from one side and took them in for new tires.

Peace
Dave
Thank you Dave, I did wonder about that. It will pick up one completely off the ground when leveling. I did try that, but could not it to raise the tires in manual mode.

Disclaimer, I do level with blocks before I auto level so my tires are not hanging by the spring perches. :)

david-steph2018

Welcome to the group from Fremont, Wisc., for now.
Yes I have used the Level-up system to help remove the tires. As thought you will need to go to manual mode and do each side a little at a time. One note, with the springs there is a chance you could "flip" the spring hangars with the wheels off the ground. If it happens you would need to flip these back to the correct position before letting back down.
After we were level is when I switched to manual mode and worked it until I could get the one side off the ground, just enough, to remove the tires.
Yes Lippert does NOT recommend it as a tool to use to change tires.

wdk450

I wonder if the Lippert liability lawyers are behind their Level Up non tire change recommendation because of safety concerns? Maybe a few jackstands would be prudent.

LBR

Trailer raised and resting fully with the levelup jacks with 6 HD jackstands placed "just.in.case."
ace1038d77a549fa28e70f11fee144a9.jpg

09Busaman

LOL, I wasnt planning to remove the axles! Great shot though. It is already leveled with the system, I may only jack the axles just enough to get the tires off. Will test it out today as I need to put the repaired tire back on until my new ones arrive. Thank you for the information guys. Will let you know how it turns out.

LBR

LOL, I wasnt planning to remove the axles! Great shot though. It is already leveled with the system, I may only jack the axles just enough to get the tires off. Will test it out today as I need to put the repaired tire back on until my new ones arrive. Thank you for the information guys. Will let you know how it turns out.
Just to show the leveling system is fine to lift trailer. As mentioned earlier, a very little bit alternating left/right/left/etc to raise it straight up level, rather than jacking only one side off ground is said to be less stressful on the trailer frames.

09Busaman

Just to show the leveling system is fine to lift trailer. As mentioned earlier, a very little bit alternating left/right/left/etc to raise it straight up level, rather than jacking only one side off ground is said to be less stressful on the trailer frames.
Thank you very much!

Reactions: LBR