Hello! I'm new and hoping to learn from this group!

Hello,

My wife and I recently purchased a 2020 Heartland Cyclone 4007 toy hauler and this is our very first fifth wheel RV! After a year of research on the different types of travel trailers out there, we settled on this great big "home on wheels". We are Newbies and looking for tips.

Someday, we hope to go full time RV life, but in the meantime, we have our new RV plugged into shore power at a private RV park so we can practice using it on the weekends and hope to take a long trip in July. We hope to learn all there is to know about our new purchase and we thank you in advance for welcoming us to the group!

Storminator
Heartland Cyclone 4007
Rocking the Retired Life

Congrats on your new 5th wheel, you will not regret going to a 5er after you pull it any real distance, better ride and so much easier to backup

Brad

Flick

Hello,

My wife and I recently purchased a 2020 Heartland Cyclone 4007 toy hauler and this is our very first fifth wheel RV! After a year of research on the different types of travel trailers out there, we settled on this great big "home on wheels". We are Newbies and looking for tips.

Someday, we hope to go full time RV life, but in the meantime, we have our new RV plugged into shore power at a private RV park so we can practice using it on the weekends and hope to take a long trip in July. We hope to learn all there is to know about our new purchase and we thank you in advance for welcoming us to the group!

Storminator
Heartland Cyclone 4007
Rocking the Retired Life

The 4007 is a very nice coach. You are very wise to be using your new “home on wheels” on weekends before you get on the road for a trip. There are many things to learn and familiarize yourself with and some things are only learned through actual use. Patience and being able to research potential problems will be assets for you.

Along with practicing use of the coach, don’t overlook use of the tow vehicle. I would suggest on a few of those weekends to hook up and practice towing skills to see how your truck handles the load. I would end up in a Wal Mart parking lot to better learn what can be expected.

Thank you everyone for your welcome messages and tips! Looking forward to our RV adventures with this group!

Robert and Sandy
2020 Heartland 4007
Rocking the Retired Life!

NYSUPstater

Congrats and enjoy!! To add onto what Flick said, am going to assume you have a DRW truck for the coach. If not, may want to consider it. If ya do, then in the words of when a web site was highly advertised: "YAHOO". Seriously tho, have fun and may she bring you many miles of smiles!

Congrats and enjoy!! To add onto what Flick said, am going to assume you have a DRW truck for the coach. If not, may want to consider it. If ya do, then in the words of when a web site was highly advertised: "YAHOO". Seriously tho, have fun and may she bring you many miles of smiles!

We actually own a 2020 F250 Lariat SRW Fx4 with the full tow package and a B&W sliding hitch and will be adding an Airlift 5000 wireless air bag package. The previous owner of the Cyclone also had the same tow vehicle and did not have any issues. However, I am considering an upgrade to a F350 DRW Fx4 to add greater payload capacity and stability. In the meantime, we are going to practice very carefully while close to home.

Thanks!
Robert and Sandy