Hello

BobX2

Hello fellow Sundance owners. This forum isn't very active, so I thought I would start a random thread and just say Hi. Looking forward to a great season of camping, and can't wait for the snow to melt up in the high country so we can get back up to our favorite camping area. We've made it out just once so far, and that was to a state park campground. Not really my cup of tea, but that is the only way we can get out for another month or so. We much prefer to get away from it all.

BobX2

Is that up by Red Feathers?

With the exception of the Moose photo, the pictures are from up in Taylor Park. The Moose, and the rest of the pictures I'm posting now, are from up at a little spot we usually camp at, about 1 1/2 drive from the house. Every now and then we see some there.

Never know who might be around for dinner.

BobX2

Everyone feel free to add photos of your favorite camping areas. Here's a few more of mine. Just a sampling of all the wild flowers there. An amazing little spot to unwind.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I like the photos.
Now you need to update your photos to include your favorite places with your Sundance in them. :)

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
With the exception of the Moose photo, the pictures are from up in Taylor Park. The Moose, and the rest of the pictures I'm posting now, are from up at a little spot we usually camp at, about 1 1/2 drive from the house. Every now and then we see some there.

We've been up Taylor Canyon a couple of times . . .

Here is our campsite at One Mile campground up there with our old trailer:

CampSite-P9030033.jpg

I've got lots of moose photos from Poudre Canyon . . . I'll get some of those posted later when I get home from work.

JohnD

Here are some Colorado wildlife photos (shots by me, of course)!

ElkInCampground-IMGP2943.jpg

ElkBull-IMGP1541.jpg

FoxLookingAtBKsign-IMGP2159.jpg

FoxWithPrairieDog-IMGP2389.jpg

Hawk-IMGP2030.jpg

PrairieDogFat-IMGP3896.jpg

PrairieDogStraightOn-IMGP4990.jpg

PrairieDogFight-IMGP0610.jpg

PrairieDogsBabies-P1080443.jpg

Moosies-8-31-08-IMGP0732.jpg

Moosies-7-03-05-P1040854-D.jpg

Moosies-7-03-05-P1040857.jpg

BearStanding-P1070754.jpg

Bear-P1070726.jpg

BobX2

Re: Here are some Colorado wildlife photos (shots by me, of course)!

Very nice pictures. Amazing what a person can see when they get out. Surely we're not the only ones who have taken pictures???

Bogie

Great Pics from everyone! I especially like the fox (I think it's a fox) waiting outside the Berger King. LOL.

We have been chomping at the bit to get going too. Our first trip is next week and several more Anne's throughout the summer. Living in California does have its advantages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobX2

We are heading up to South Dakota for a week this summer. Here is how we spent our Easter weekend.

IMG_7771.jpg

IMG_7775.jpg

IMG_7776.jpg

JohnD

We did a week in South Dakota last summer (the week before Sturgis).

We had a blast!

We stayed in Custer at Big Pine Campground:

http://www.bigpinecampground.com/

Here are a small group of shots:

SDCampsiteSmall-IMG_0548.jpg SDCampsite-IMG_0546.jpg SDDevilsTower-IMG_0556.jpg SDDevilsTowerTruck-IMG_0564.jpg SDMtRushmore-IMG_0760.jpg

I still need to go through the photos and pick some out to post!

BobX2

We will be spending our first three nights at Rushmore Shadows Resort. We got those three nights free as part of our purchase of the Sundance. That was what made us decide on another trip up there. It has been nine years since we were last up there. We will have to suffer through a 90 minute sales pitch, as this is a time share type of resort, but for three free nights, I guess we can sacrifice 90 minutes of our vacation. The remainder of our trip will be spent at Custer's Gulch RV Park. It's right on the edge of Custer State Park.

JohnD

We drove by several RV parks while we were up there and may check another one out next time (probably in 2-3 years).

Big Pine is about a mile west of downtown Custer on Hwy 16.

When I was researching campgrounds online while planning that trip, Big Pine was my choice as it seemed to be the only one that had lots of trees and larger, spacious sites instead of the more common side-by-side parking lot approach to how many campgrounds are arranged these days.

Plus, it was very handy being close to town for when we needed to run to the store or to grab a quick meal when we didn't feel like cooking ourselves.

BobX2

We stayed a little west of Big Pine at the Custer KOA. Not bad, but definitely a KOA. We decided to change it up a bit this time and made our reservations at Custer's Gulch. Afterward, while we were wandering through the big March RV show, we stopped at the South Dakota booth in the vendors area. Got to talking to the folks there, and they highly recommended Custer's Gulch, and mentioned the owners by name and said they had met while staying there a few years back. Think I may have gotten lucky and picked a good spot to call home for several days. They also have good rates on cabins, which was something we were looking for as well. Mother in law is going to drive in from her place in SE Montana to join us for a couple of days. Great woman. She could step back through time into the 1800's and fit right in, and be happy, happy, happy.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Looking at all of the photos reminds us of why we are loving the RVing lifestyle. God's beautiful country awaits. So let's Go Go Go RVing.

We drove by several RV parks while we were up there and may check another one out next time (probably in 2-3 years).

Big Pine is about a mile west of downtown Custer on Hwy 16.

When I was researching campgrounds online while planning that trip, Big Pine was my choice as it seemed to be the only one that had lots of trees and larger, spacious sites instead of the more common side-by-side parking lot approach to how many campgrounds are arranged these days.

Plus, it was very handy being close to town for when we needed to run to the store or to grab a quick meal when we didn't feel like cooking ourselves.

Sometimes I just can't help myself... but most of the time we don't feel like cooking ourselves, either... it gets so hot in the oven! Please forgive me.