Help With Heartland Support - Cracked Fresh Water Tank

CMB1998

I had a previous post on this.

I bought a brand new Mallard 251BH earlier this year. The first time I went to fill the fresh water tank, they leaked. I made a service appointment at the time and the soonest Camping World Service could get me in was November. Dropped my trailer off about a month ago, after several calls to check status they finally came back last week and said the tank has a crack in it and needs to be replaced.

Camping World is telling me Headland is "now is wanting a photo of the tag on the fresh tank" and that for camping world to get this photo I need to pay camping world $600+ to remove the tank and get a picture to send Heartland.

This seems completely insane to me. No one is disputing the camper is under warranty. Other than the water tank issue, it's been great. Anywhere I can get help?

Thanks, Chris

Dahillbilly

if it's under warranty why isn't Heartland paying for the removal of the tank? Call Heartland yourself & see what they say. Keep notes of who,when & what is said & done!!! Been there done that with Heartland on my warranty issues few years ago

donr827

Camping World is not telling you the truth from what you explained. They are trying to make another $600 off you.

david-steph2018

CMB1998, RV dealerships get paid a flat rate for warranty work, that they and the manufacturer agreed upon. Your dealership may be trying to
off-set some of their cost with the $600 labor fee.
Call the dealership back and ask for a picture of the cracked water tank. Best yet, go and see if you can see the crack for yourself, just to make sure there is a crack and not something simple like an overflow hose missing or inlet hose not connected tight enough.

Last edited:

CMB1998

I had a previous post on this.

I bought a brand new Mallard 251BH earlier this year. The first time I went to fill the fresh water tank, they leaked. I made a service appointment at the time and the soonest Camping World Service could get me in was November. Dropped my trailer off about a month ago, after several calls to check status they finally came back last week and said the tank has a crack in it and needs to be replaced.

Camping World is telling me Headland is "now is wanting a photo of the tag on the fresh tank" and that for camping world to get this photo I need to pay camping world $600+ to remove the tank and get a picture to send Heartland.

This seems completely insane to me. No one is disputing the camper is under warranty. Other than the water tank issue, it's been great. Anywhere I can get help?

Thanks, Chris
Thank you all for the help. Just off the phone with Heartland support. They were very helpful and had a very different story than camping world. hopefully we're on the track to resolution. Thanks, Chris

Dahillbilly

Thank you all for the help. Just off the phone with Heartland support. They were very helpful and had a very different story than camping world. hopefully we're on the track to resolution. Thanks, Chris
nice to know things are looking up for you. with the MyHeartlandRV app you can keep track of your RV, that's how I found out about a claim before I took delivery of unit.