Help

PHowland

Hello I am new to this forum and am not sure where or how I should post questions so I will start here with that question. My next one is I am new to the Heartland brand and wanted to know any good or bad as I just purchased a 2021 Sundance 262rb ultralight...thank you
Paul

danemayer

Hi PHowland,

Congratulations on the new Sundance and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

As you didn't mention any problems you might be having, I'm assuming you're asking other owners what to keep an eye out for.

I'll offer a couple of suggestions that apply to any RV.

- Check caulking and sealants on the roof, around light fixtures and windows, and on all joints such as where the front and rear caps join the sides of the trailer. The trailer manual schedule is to check these areas several times per year. You need to stay on top of this. If caulking and sealants are not maintained properly, you can have water intrusion that can be very damaging.

- Keep an eye on tire inflation. Underinflated tires lead to blowouts that can leave you trying to change a tire on the side of a busy road.

- Check the connections of the water lines to the fixtures. Loose connections lead to leaks. If using the water pump, and it runs when not using water, you may have a leak and it needs to be investigated.

I'm sure others will chime in with additional advice.

You may also want to take a look at our collection of owner-written user guides in this folder. They may answer questions you didn't even know you had.

PHowland

Thank you for the response and tips Danemayer...I have had some camp trailers in the past as well as a motorhome, and I have come back to a camp trailer. This is the first time I have bought a brand new camp trailer and I head over this weekend to do the walk through and pick it up so I appreciate the tips for sure.

centerline

these trailer being hand built, and with a goal to build a quality trailer, any problems you encounter usually has something to do with who was working on it the day the the particular area was installed... as not everyone has the same sense of quality workmanship, which only means, other than the general maintenance and inspections, we cant really say where, when or if, you may encounter a problem..

danemayer

Thank you for the response and tips Danemayer...I have had some camp trailers in the past as well as a motorhome, and I have come back to a camp trailer. This is the first time I have bought a brand new camp trailer and I head over this weekend to do the walk through and pick it up so I appreciate the tips for sure.

We have in the User Guide Folder previously links, a Pre-Delivery Inspection Checklist. When you go to pick it up, you should have a printout of the checklist to help you check things out. If you find anything that needs to be corrected, prior to signing the acceptance paperwork you have the attention of the dealer staff and they are highly motivated to fix things right away so you'll sign. After signing, dealers are typically more casual about schedule and timing of warranty work.