Hercules ST235/85r16 F-rated, 95 psi tires

jeffdee

It was about 4 years ago I purchased 5 new Hercules F-rated tires to replace the 5 blowmax E-rated tires on my 2014 Cyclone 3110. I am now going to replace these 4 F-rated Hercules tires. I now have had the second tire fail where the center belts under the tread have started to fail where the tire perimeter starts to enlarge and the tire tread does not fully contact the ground from side to side. I believe I will now try Sailun S637t - St235/85r16 tires. I will keep the Hercules spare tire which has not been on the ground. I will also make a second spare tire with the replacement Hercules tire from two years ago. It appears that there have been some improvement construction changes in their F-rated tires but I will still upgrade to G-rated tires. BTW, the three original Hercules tires still on the ground from 4 years ago are all showing multiple cracks in the side walls so this is another reason for changing tires.

This is my 4 year review of the Hercules ST235/85r16 F-rated tires. I think the construction has improved but I am upgrading to G-rated tires for more peace of mind.

Also just as an observation, the G-rated Sailuns and Hercules tires appear to be quite similar in construction and tread design. So I think price will play a big part in my purchase. The load rating is 4400#/tire. 👍

tireman9

It was about 4 years ago I purchased 5 new Hercules F-rated tires to replace the 5 blowmax E-rated tires on my 2014 Cyclone 3110. I am now going to replace these 4 F-rated Hercules tires. I now have had the second tire fail where the center belts under the tread have started to fail where the tire perimeter starts to enlarge and the tire tread does not fully contact the ground from side to side. I believe I will now try Sailun S637t - St235/85r16 tires. I will keep the Hercules spare tire which has not been on the ground. I will also make a second spare tire with the replacement Hercules tire from two years ago. It appears that there have been some improvement construction changes in their F-rated tires but I will still upgrade to G-rated tires. BTW, the three original Hercules tires still on the ground from 4 years ago are all showing multiple cracks in the side walls so this is another reason for changing tires.

This is my 4 year review of the Hercules ST235/85r16 F-rated tires. I think the construction has improved but I am upgrading to G-rated tires for more peace of mind.

Also just as an observation, the G-rated Sailuns and Hercules tires appear to be quite similar in construction and tread design. So I think price will play a big part in my purchase. The load rating is 4400#/tire. 👍

Any chance you have actual scale readings for each tire? Have you been running 95 psi cold? Do you have a TPMS? Have you filed complaints with NHTSA for each failure?

jeffdee

Any chance you have actual scale readings for each tire? Have you been running 95 psi cold? Do you have a TPMS? Have you filed complaints with NHTSA for each failure?

I never put my RV on a scale but the maximum calculated weight per axle was 6500 lbs. this is why the original blomax tires didn’t last. They could not support 3000 lbs each.

I would check the air before each trip. I ran 95 psi cold. The tires always maintained the pressure.

I do not have TPMS but would like to buy the four tire/valve stem kit. I can’t seem to find any reviews in this forum.

I haven’t filed any complaints. The F-rated Hercules tires had a 36 month warranty. I ended up purchasing 4 G-rated Hercules tires. These have a 60 month warranty. They are pretty stout looking. I do want to add a TPMS system.

Last edited:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I put four Hercules 225/75/15's SP2-E's on my 9900 pound Prowler back in March...

Have around 5000 miles on them roving around between South Dakota, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona and so far they are great!

ProwlerNewTires.jpg