Here She Comes!

avvidclif

Just a thought but pick up a Tire Pressure Monitoring System to put on the trailer when you pick it up. Especially for a 700 mi return trip. I won't leave home without it.

Always exciting to pick up your new rig; congratulations! We picked up our rig at RVW last year in Marchand here is how it went. First, dress warm, it will be cold up there! The PDI was done outside and it was 19º out side that day with the sun shinning. First thing we noted is that all of the drain valves were frozen shut, unable to check. If your wondering we did request the PDI inside, however the bays were full with rv's being worked on. When they ran the hydraulic levelers it kept triggering the circuit breaker, in that temperature strange things occur. Bottom line is it will be cold so take a couple of electric heaters and make sure the propane tanks are full, you will be glad you did. Wholesale is a great idea when buying to save yoirself some green. Check your local area for a dealership that will take care of you in the long run so you don't have to drive back and forth. Make sure they give you all the manuels for everything, check it or you will get home and wonder where the manuel is for the hydraulic leveling system. If it's your first rv, its a big one to PDI. The dealership will give you options as to what time you want to start the PDI, go early and stay late. We went early and left early it was freezing, we must wanted to hook up and go south where it was warmer. Have fun and enjoy.

mmomega

AnyTimer
Congrats guys on the getting your new home away from and welcome to the Heartland family. It's a great community to be in.
My 1st suggestion, find the first rally near you and go.
You'll meet some of the nicest people educated in more ways than you can shake a stick at.

Again welcome and please do use the forums/encyclopedia (for those that remember those things).
Just stay away from portholes most list post.
You'll feel like me and want to owe him a case of beer just for all of the information and ideas he gives. :eek:
and if he reads it, what's your brand? I'll have you covered in Goshen.:p

donr827

Stay at or near the dealer for a couple of days in case any questions arise or something needs to be adjusted. Discuss this in advance with the sales and service managers. If you do need something, you'll want them to agree ahead of time to put you at top of list.

Plan on 2 days for your return trip. Keep the speed under 65.

Great advice. Also check the air pressure before you leave the dealer.
Don

cdensomnia

I thought I would update you all. I picked up our 4200 on Monday and towed it back 10hrs with only one small issue. That issue being the spare tire cable was lose and because of all the horrible highways in Ohio we nearly lost the spare tire. Another thing to add to the list when you pick up your new trailer, check that the spare tire carrier is tight.

Couple things I thought I would ask you all that have the 4200's, do you have a gas shock or some door holder for either door on the 4200? I can swing my door right in to the awning when its out. I checked online and saw some pictures where there was a gas shock on top of the door attached to the side of the RV but mine doesn't have that.

Also, in this first picture you will see my sliding glass door in the closed position. The frame of the door is so not straight that the door wont even seal all the way unless i pick the back of the door at which makes it crooked. Anyone run in to this issue? I turned it in to the dealer for a warranty issue...we will see because I think it would be a big deal to fix right.
IMG_20150319_172816.jpg

2015-03-17.jpg

IMG_20150317_182835.jpg

IMG_20150316_152354.jpg

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I thought I would update you all. I picked up our 4200 on Monday and towed it back 10hrs with only one small issue. That issue being the spare tire cable was lose and because of all the horrible highways in Ohio we nearly lost the spare tire. Another thing to add to the list when you pick up your new trailer, check that the spare tire carrier is tight.

Couple things I thought I would ask you all that have the 4200's, do you have a gas shock or some door holder for either door on the 4200? I can swing my door right in to the awning when its out. I checked online and saw some pictures where there was a gas shock on top of the door attached to the side of the RV but mine doesn't have that.

Also, in this first picture you will see my sliding glass door in the closed position. The frame of the door is so not straight that the door wont even seal all the way unless i pick the back of the door at which makes it crooked. Anyone run in to this issue? I turned it in to the dealer for a warranty issue...we will see because I think it would be a big deal to fix right.
IMG_20150319_172816.jpg

2015-03-17.jpg

IMG_20150317_182835.jpg

IMG_20150316_152354.jpg

Others have suggested, and I took their advice, to secure the spare with a ratchet strap as insurance. Have recently learned from an acquaintance that as they and family were caravaning with their RV's one of the group lost their spare which caused another to wreck causing serious damage to their rig. Fortunately no bodily injures to those on board!
BTW- nice Cyclone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk