Hi, Brand new owner of 2021 Pioneer re275 and I cant find the bypass valves ??

marknewbill

Hello,
I am new as well as this is my first camper and Have several plumbing questions regarding winterizing for the new camper I just bought:
I searched some here but didn't see the exact question so feel free to move my questions to the best place.

1. where is the water heater bypass valves? I found the drain but not the bypass.
2. what do the 3 valves hanging from the bottom drain? I am sure one is the main tank, and then maybe some low point plumbing, but what exactly?
3. how do you access the pump for winterizing? hear it running but cant find it.
4. does this camper have a built in city water regulator?

if there is a secret panel for stuff above, maybe all my questions will become answered but I spent a lot of time looking under, and around on the inside and cant find it. BTW, the underbelly is enclosed so I cant see much there either.

Thanks for the help. The owners manual gave me only questions and no answers. (IE what to do, but not where to find it)

danemayer

Hi marknewbill,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

To locate the winterizing valves and antifreeze intake hose, start outside at the water heater. Then find the same position inside the trailer. You may have to remove a drawer, or perhaps there's a panel that can be removed with screws.

The drains underneath would be hot and cold low point drains, and a fresh tank drain. The fresh tank is usually located near the axles.

You'll need to purchase a pressure regulator. The cheap ones may restrict pressure by also restricting flow of water. When it's time to rinse shampoo out of your hair, you'll know whether you have good water flow.

marknewbill

Hi marknewbill,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

To locate the winterizing valves and antifreeze intake hose, start outside at the water heater. Then find the same position inside the trailer. You may have to remove a drawer, or perhaps there's a panel that can be removed with screws.

The drains underneath would be hot and cold low point drains, and a fresh tank drain. The fresh tank is usually located near the axles.

You'll need to purchase a pressure regulator. The cheap ones may restrict pressure by also restricting flow of water. When it's time to rinse shampoo out of your hair, you'll know whether you have good water flow.

Thanks for the help, I will look on the inside. I did get a regulator with the camper but when I blew out the lines from the incoming water port, I noticed it was singing to me so I didn't know if that was a regulator in that wall.

Any idea where the pump would be? maybe behind the same panel I find the heater valve?